APRN later today

Thorazine does me right. I’m not sure if it’s smart to ask for it as a PRN or maybe I need it permanently every day now.

I took 25 mg before bed last night and I feel refreshed today. Brand new man. My cognitive impairments don’t seem as bad. I feel myself again.

I’ve had times in the past I was on Thorazine for 2 weeks. Then it seemed like too much. Maybe my chemistry has changed though. That’s why we switched it to “as needed”.
But maybe I need it daily now. Maybe I’ll take it daily for a month until my next appointment and re-access from there.

Few side effects. This is in conjunction with abilify 20 mg.

3 Likes

It’s worth discussing with the nurse today.

1 Like

I was prescribed it as a PRN, in low doses.
I would ask for it as a prn because it’s effective and not a controlled substance.

Personally, I want to say, the Thorazine can be habit forming (even though it’s not a controlled substance), because of it’s effect.

1 Like

Thank you for your insight. I wasn’t sure if I was the only one

25mg is a low dose, maybe at 200mg it would have side effects.

1 Like

https://reference.medscape.com/drug/chlorpromazine-342970

1 Like

She gave me 10 mg prn. Take up to twice per day. Thorazine

I just came off 600mg/day of Thorazine. My insurance was paying $1100/month for it and it put me in the donut hole. Didn’t work that well anyway, I just burned easily in the sun.

1 Like

I can’t imagine 600 mg a day. Lol. I’m on 20 as a prn now. It Doesn’t make me drowsy MUCH But a little. It might be making me gain weight.

We discussed seroquel but she said she didn’t wanna risk weight gain since im already overweight. I need to diet now I feel. I didn’t feel fat but when she pointed it out, now I do

Honestly it wasn’t that bad. After taking it for a week, I noticed I was more mentally slow than drowsy. My reaction times were down, reading comprehension suffered, and my mind was occasionally vacant. It’s really roughly in the middle of a standard dose for a hospitalized patient (even though I’m not in a hospital). I’ve been on as much as 1200/day. At that dose I was uneasy on my feet and swooned every time I stood up (orthostatic hypotension).

1 Like

Reminds me of when I’m on too high dose of abilify.

For me that’s 25 or 30 mg. Not incredibly high but high.

I saw they do up to 800 mg Thorazine so I do definitely believe you

1200 is a lot though!! Damn

You’ve eased any worry I’ve had about that 10 mg twice a day might harm me. Gracias :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.