Appreciation

the moderators and admin here are cool. forum’s cool too.

14 Likes

i think the mods and szadmin get put down a bit more than most regular posters. it’s good that they get some positive reinforcement sometimes, at least from me. they got to baby new members, sometimes. but they definitely won’t baby anyone as stubborn as a spambot. they’re direct when they need to be direct.

oh, and mods are humans too.

5 Likes

everything in moderation. methinketh being a mod isn’t easy when the position requires reading a bunch of flagged posts and probably seeing a negative side of the forum that i never have to see. so the mods are pretty freaking amazing. @Minnii and @shutterbug, thanks for moderating in the past.

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/a-big-bug-was-in-my-hair/82898/3

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s good to hear some positivity sometimes!

2 Likes

oh, and i don’t know who @happycollision is, but thanks for moderating in the past.

3 Likes

cyberfathers. cybermothers.

4 Likes

the six mods don’t get paid for moderating: they dedicate their free time to moderate this large community. this forum offers a lot of ways for the mentally ill to express themselves, even through music, art, and poetry; and the moderators freely allow such diverse forms of expressions. but whenever a expression is flagged, the moderators selflessly intervene to protect others, even if that suspicious expression does not relate to a moderator personally. they give warnings and advertise the community rules. the mods have great patience and understanding here. but if those warnings or advertisements are not heeded, then they take necessary measures for the greater good of the community. even after a ban, they leave a reason as to why the ban happened. not many other communities operate in this sympathetic fashion. so I believe the moderators moderate very well here.

it disheartens me to see that the mods are occasionally cursed at and verbally abused as a whole, even through thread titles. the mods here endure a lot. it is hard not to admire them.

3 Likes

Thanks @sirBoring. I really needed that today.

2 Likes

haha I see the flattery worked, he’s not greyed out anymore

I would like to express my appreciation to you and other moderators.

Thank you for taking time to join the discussion in my threads, it lifted my mood.

3 Likes

thanks for helping me out today, mods. i was having a very bad day today, but you helped resolve the issue and help me understand what i was doing wrong. i usually wait a week before checking and updating this thread, but thank you so much moderators, including @SzAdmin

2 Likes

I also appreciate our moderators.

I think it’s important for people to be told that they’re appreciated.

3 Likes

I can assure you, that had nothing to do with this thread. :wink:

2 Likes