Appetite through the roof right now gaining weight

My Appetite is through the roof right now no new stresser’s other than eating everything that isn’t nailed down and rapidly gaining weight within a week I have gained 6 pounds so far not happy at all about this. Been frustrated and discouraged don’t know what’s happening or going on when I had been maintaining my current weight. Of course I can only speculate that maybe its perimenopausal I am close to that age when a woman goes through menopause and you do gain weight rapidly with that change. Or I could be gaining water retention my stomach feels Bloated and swollen more than me just being fat I also been having all kinds of pain in my back legs arms sometimes and side. I go to the doctor next Monday the 10th of May hopefully he can shed some light on what’s going wrong and at the end of May I go for a urine sample it was abnormal last month and some blood work to find out what’s causing this pain I am having too. And when I go the 10th I will discuss the rapid weight gain and bloated feeling I feel.

4 Likes

Best of luck with the doctor appointment @ImprisonedSpirit1 . I hope they can get to the root of things for you.

1 Like

Good luck @ImprisonedSpirit1

1 Like

thank you so much

1 Like

thank you so much I hope they can get to the root of it too will keep you guys posted on what they find if anything it has to be something going on if they don’t find anything wrong then that leaves me with unanswered questions.

2 Likes

I hope they can find out what’s wrong.

1 Like

I hope they can as well I go tomorrow to see my Family Doctor will update when they find out something

1 Like

good luck @ImprisonedSpirit1
i hope the doctor visit will go well.

1 Like

Yes good luck @ImprisonedSpirit1

1 Like

went to my family Doctor today and he went ahead and gave me a lab order for Blood Work and a Urine sample I will know in a few days I don’t have to go at the end of the month like planned for Labs I had it done today. I should know in a few days what’s going on with me and why I am in such pain in my back and why I gained like 6 pounds in a short period of time rapidly. The Doctor thinks the protein found in my Urine last time they checked could be my Kidneys but I don’t want to jump to that conclusion until I know for sure if it is my Kidneys not working properly that could be serious and yes I am worried but I am trying to stay a little positive.

1 Like

well the doctors medical assistant called me this afternoon to discuss my Lab result findings and I am retaining a lot of fluid or water weight they want me to weigh myself everyday in the morning and keep a log of my weight and if my weight goes up or down they want to know also the Doctor ordered me a water pill/Blood pressure pill to take every day for 30 days and also the hospital is going to call me to set up a appointment to check my heart and see why I am retaining fluid and gaining weight rapidly and find out if my heart is pumping or functioning properly that’s all I know right now will keep posted on what I find out later on.

2 Likes

Try finding an accountability buddy to motivate each other on a daily basis.

I have just recently started this and it will work.

Didn’t work yesterday or today though.

But tomorrow is a new chance.

I would like to think.

3 Likes

so far my appetite is back to normal now somewhat and Im losing this water weight I have gained by taking a water pill/blood pressure combo so far so good working like a champ.

1 Like

I’m glad your appetite is back to normal now, @ImprisonedSpirit1 .

My appetite is no different and I am losing weight. I went from 164 lbs. back in February 2021 down to 156.2 lbs. today in May 2021. The only thing that’s different is that I am no longer counting calories. So, I am no longer eating up to a specific calorie limit. I must be eating less than I was before when I was calorie counting. At least I hope that’s all it is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.