Appeals council disability

If was hospitalized denied psychosis told Drs okay except some on and off paranoia.until hospitalization June 2018 psychosis in public first time was psychosis at home. Is this enough to overturn alj deniel. After dec 2018 new therapist ,new Dr and have listed memory,concentration,completing tasks,understanding instructions along with paranoia, hallucinating,delusions. Am I more likely win appeals council or new case

1 Like

You should be fine. Does your dr agree with you?

I’m no expert, but I’ve heard a few people here mention that if you appeal, you can get backpay. If you start a new case, you can’t.

1 Like

The new files after started appeals council is with the most evidence. I know therapist thinks I can’t work.

1 Like

I’ve been at appeals council since almost eight months . I figure if wasn’t going to review case at all would say so already.

1 Like

It’s a crapshoot because appeals council just makes sure ALJ followed proper procedures with the evidence they had. They can overturn but may make you file a new claim. If appeals council denies you can sue with a lawyer.

And the council can take a couple years to reply.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.