Apparently I am no good because I don't listen to Christian music

I just broke up with my GF because she was too “christian”. Said she wanted to wait for marriage and become a christian missionary. Despite how good of a christian she was she was a total bigot and an ignorant racist. Among other things too. Wow. Now I can’t sleep.

Oxymoron?

Pixel.

Her Wikipedia page seems to suggest that she was the “Queen of Christian pop” before she went mainstream, however. As well as she’s done, however, she’s sold less records en toto than Alanis Morissette did with her somewhat religious-averse Jagged Little Pill. Which intrigues me because I would have thought Grant would have sold many more tapes and CDs.

Show him this one too. Opening list 1:35 or so is so heavy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meh, that’s nothing. These are more my speed:

1 Like

Ah yes ,

The 1st has a bit of a long intro. https://youtu.be/7OBElCaOVfk
seeing what “unblack” Christian bands were out there :slight_smile:

You guys, really, you gotta hear Burlap to Cashmere, make you a believer. They’re old though, old and gold.

Some good folk music there.

The only thing I care about Christ is that he was a good man who preached love and forgiveness and was tortured and killed on a cross. The stuff they say that you have to accept him or either suffer eternal torture in hell I just ignore today. But it used to make me feel pretty frightned in the past. When I was hearing voices they said they were a demon and that I was going to go to hell, man, no words to describe how much terror and suffering that was. If I hear voices today I’m rational enough to challenge them.

And by the way, christian music sucks. The christian view sucks. The bible is a book of metaphors but then people read it literally. And then you have people having these beliefs that Jesus loves you and he’s going to kill you and torture you forever and ever.

It’s just a way out, baby. Everybody looking for a way out.

1 Like

IA; “just make that pain go away (gawdammit).”

1 Like