Anyone watched the Oscars?

Yeah I know what you mean, I don’t blame you.

2 Likes

Not every man can carry a dress like that. Good for him! Somehow he makes it look macho.

3 Likes

@doing-fine-thanks

I’m naming the garment the suxedo (skirt+tuxedo).

4 Likes

I think Lady Gaga is a very talented singer. I’m curious to see if she’s a good actress as well. She seems like a cool person.

1 Like

Came here to say this. Of the few movies from 2018 that I saw, none won a thing. Whole thing’s a group self-congratulating itself. As George Carlin once said, “It’s a big club…and you ain’t in it.” Of course, he was referencing something else I totally agree with, but that’s another story.

1 Like

Lady Gaga was alright in American Horror Story

1 Like

Black Panther won a few awards, but it took me 3 or 4 tries to finish it as it kept putting me to sleep. The only other Marvel MCU movie with pacing and dialogue that horrible was Iron Man 2.

1 Like

Didn’t see BP. Last year’s “best picture,” The Shape of Water, which I did see, was mortifying in so many ways, and I’m not speaking in terms of a horror film. Looking through my assortment of movies, I might own a best picture winner from both the 80s and 90s and I have a few from the 70s. It seems to me (key phrase there) that they’ve moved from awarding the best actual movies to the ones that make (or they hope made) a large cultural impact.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.