Anyone use GIMP?

My 5-minute masterpiece!

(and his disciples said among themselves “who is this man, that he even creates such beauty in such short durations of time?”)

:sunglasses: jokes…

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool but would be even cooler if selling protection for old
5¼ floppy disks =D

2 Likes

10 minutes in Art Rage =D

http://imgur.com/6kVNRP1

4 Likes

Lol…here you go --> Draw Plus 8 VS Art Rage = Wallpaper!

http://imgur.com/tVSjUAN

1 Like

I used GIMP on Linux but now I’m using PaintNET

I always thought gimp was like adobe elements, as opposed to full blown photoshop. It’s been years since I’ve even used a pc anyway…

Lol…I looked up PaintNET ---- it’s like the NSA disguised as Project Dog Wafffle. ha ha
I was gonna grab it but far too many .NET strings come attached. I don’t really have too much to hide but those windows allow a lot of jerks through as well.

I would say that GIMP is like the full six hundred dollar version of Photoshop from around 2000 to 2005.

1 Like

BTW the developer of this program and his friend Simon (Curvy 3D ) did me a good favor about five years back so I thought I would share that the latests Project Dog Waffle is on sale right now on Steam

I use Inkscape and GIMP to design app icons a lot and tweak photos of my Dad’s paintings. I pretty much just stick to basics.

I think it’s really cool that you can export to animated GIFs with GIMP by using layers.
Also using the Colors | Color to Alpha function in GIMP is really great for taking scans of line drawings and colorizing them.

The bitmap trace function in Inkscape is also really handy for translating bitmaps into vectors.

Usually when I want to figure out how to do something in them I just use Google and YouTube.

Irfanview is a really handy bitmap editor/viewer… Excellent if all you need is a quick resizing/cropping/format conversions

A Wacom tablet and a scanner could be really handy…

I prefer to stick to cheap stuff… as the saying goes having a gold pen won’t make you a better writer :slight_smile:

1 Like

@keepsimple thanks for the reply! I will probably stick to the free stuff until some need comes up that requires me to spend some money.

(Gold pens can be nice, though.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first album cover… Us vs Them by Red

Starting small… and simple. Didn’t spend much time on it, and had to use my mousepad to write the letters. I think I’m going to save up for some kind of tablet in the future.

2 Likes

When your album is out, tell us. I will buy it.

Not making an album, but thanks for the support :sunglasses:. Trying to one day sell (much more sophisticated) album covers to bands.

Another quick one… zombie bison invasion.

1 Like