Anyone try to follow a vegan diet?

recently , i included cheese and yogurt sometimes the odd hutch raised hens egg, but god, feel so much better without again
also i don’t have sugar or refined syrups like rice syrup and im trying not to eat onions and garlic but that’s difficult sometimes because of humus and curry i get from the local shop

5 Likes

I have 3 shakes of huel protein every day, which is gluten free and vegan!

I am not vegan though, as I have a piece of meat for tea. I could just as well be though if I can find a gluten free tasty alternative.

1 Like

beans x potatoes x lentils x carrots x any fruit and veg
you can get a lot of protium from huel don’t need meat also

2 Likes
2 Likes

I was vegan for 7-8 years

3 Likes

The problem is even spices are packed in factories that have wheat, barley and rye, so plain potatoes, beans and lentils get very tired pretty quickly.

1 Like

i have been for over a year or so but vegetarian for 11 years these days i do on and off

that’s difficult but salads? there are hundreds same thing with the spices i guess

1 Like

Plain salad is ok. I don’t like the flavour when oil and vinegar is mixed together for the dressing. It makes me gag.

Now you can see why huel is ideal! :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t tried a vegan diet because:

2 Likes

All joking aside I have been seriously cutting down on red meats and have been eating more plant based and seafood. I still have red meat and poultry, but I’ve cut down greatly due to an intestinal issue.

2 Likes

is it the worms?

:rofl:

1 Like

I fuucking hate people sometimes.

3 Likes

No sir, I digest all the worms I eat.

It’s diverticulitis. I got pockets full of poo in my intestines due to not eating enough fiber. Gotta make the ole log soft, bruh.

2 Likes

don’t get that problem on a whole food plant based diet i think

1 Like

trouble with meat is it makes vegetables taste lame

1 Like

Lol it is the opposite.

While my microbiome adjusted to my mostly huel diet I had to open the windows a lot. And I am not joking although it is funny.

:smiley:

1 Like

i mean lack of fibre x

1 Like

It’s definitely a more western diet problem. I haven’t had an episode since I started greatly increasing veggies and fruits.

1 Like

I find that seafood compliments plant foods so much better than other meats, especially sushi. I would convert to pescatarian diet, but I’m not willing to give up bacon and the occasional strip steak.

1 Like