Anyone tried niacin (B3) for schizophrenia?

@ThePoet

The b vitamins all work together. It’s a very big deal these b vitamins. May not cure schizophrenia but could really help if your body needs them.

In some cases b vitamin deficiencies have caused psychosis.

Animals are becoming deficient in them but scientists can’t figure out why. I think global warming has a lot to do with it.

1 Like

true yea i can see that, i think one of the things thats important tho is thinking about it holistically. Id look for natural food or herb sources of B vitamins rather than a tablet. often times the vitamin tablets we eat dont get absorbed because they have to be taken in conjuntion with other vitamins or nutrients.

we’ve evolved alongside these herbs and used them throughout that time. and i think it turns out that the vitamin cocktails that are required are those that we’ve always gotten them from throughout our evolution.

so for example rather than taking a B3, a B6, a B12 etc etc etc. its healthier to just eat more lean meat or nutritional yeast or something.

thats just me though, dont mean to start an argument :slight_smile:

@ThePoet

I used to think it’s better from food but read some b vitamins compete with each other. For example thiamine/B1 can really only reach therapeutic levels the body needs at a higher dose. Also niacin and folate compete with each other.

What I’ve read is that some people actually do need more than in food.

Sure you could eat a whole loaf of bread just to get thiamine you need, that still won’t be enough for some. Even though bread is fortified with b vitamins, just crap amounts,

It’s interesting nevertheless

1 Like

haha i hear you, you know more about it then me. and yea one thing is that nutritional quality of food has gone waaaaaaay down lol…maybe soil regeneration is the key to communal health but…thats a big task :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ThePoet

I agree.

I read that when it rains, the rain purifies and cleans the air. All that rain with pollution in it then goes into the soil and kills important bacteria and everything.

Not to mention all the pesticides we put on food and that.

I agree we need better soil.

1 Like

Is 100mg enough for motivation and mood?
I want to go the lowest possible amount that’s effective for mood and motivation without flushing.

@everhopeful @Green

1 Like

I’ve started taking vitamin b1 thiamine in hope it might help anxiety and low mood

2 Likes

Niacin does nothing for schizophrenia.

I’m taking both niacin and thiamine and find it beneficial. Niacin calms intrusive thoughts. Thiamine seems to lift mood and give energy.

1 Like

That happened to me, too. I couldn’t stomach it.

1 Like