Anyone tried a spiritual method

Hi everyone ,
Has anyone tried to include spiritual methods to heal schizophrenia. I believe it can help.

I am going to suggest one simple tip which is to listen to a holy recitation of Quran. It works for non-Muslims too. Please let us know about the results

Do a google search for ‘Surah Rahman by Abdul Basit’ and download.Listen to it 3 times daily.

The spirituality of AA helped me kick drugs. Just being a member also was good for my recovery for schizophrenia too. Would I totally depend on spirituality to solve my problems? No I wouldn’t.

Yeah i tried spiritual methods. It made things much worse for me

Some illnesses are caused by a combination of factors.Some are purely biological and some are spiritual.Yes you have to take medications. Serotonin pays a big role in schizophrenia and its synthesized from tryptophan.

If you eat protein,include BCCA to block serotonin synthesis.

Another spiritual method is to recite ‘YA Qahaaru’ - this is one of names of God,according to Islamic religion.This tip comes from a person who does exorcism. When you recite this,your symptoms may worsen initially or some force may try to stop you.But if can overcome the challenge you can very well be on the road to full recovery. Try to recite it in thousands in a day.

i used to listen to quran and read it completly through just couple of months before my schizophrenia. didnt help me. also i used to read the popes letters and daily meditation right before the breakdown. didnt help either. it seems that religion only contributed to my illness.

Hi,

In these forums, We try to avoid / discourage proselytizing of religious beliefs here because it frequently leads to conflict and stress due to difference of opinions and the fact that there are no real answers - just opinions based on what people’ have been brought up with. We also want to be open to people of all faiths (or non-faiths) - and don’t want people to get into religous wars here.

We also prefer people not “tell” people what to do, but rather to share their own experiences which have helped them.

See these sections of our guidelines:

Respect and Compassion

In order to encourage respect and compassion in our web community, we ask that community members refrain from telling others how they should live their lives (e.g., “get rid of that person” or “get off that medication”). We believe that feedback or advice is most helpful if it is offered as a suggestion or through an example of a personal experience. This teaching by personal example is much more respectful to others than direct advice giving.

• > Religious Discussions

Many of our community members have gained great strength from their religious faith while coping with mental illness. Since our community is composed of members of many different faiths; all we ask is that members respect each other’s religions and not try to argue with or convert nonbelievers to their faith. If religion worked for you - thats great - but please don’t force it on other people. If you continually are promoting your religion in your posts - we will ask that you stop and then we will ban you.

Please see our Forum Guidelines here: