Anyone still carrying a torch for someone from years ago?

I think that’s a nice way of saying it. It sounds better than obsessed schizophrenic anyway. Wheee!

I can’t seem to let go, despite not wanting anything to do with them consciously. But it’s like my subconscious won’t let go.

It’s kind of a background thing though.

The person in question is married with teenage children now. I haven’t spoken to them in years.

6 Likes

Edit :
My bad

1 Like

Not really carrying a torch. But when I’m psychotic I get hung up on people from the past. I don’t think about it often while medicated though.

2 Likes

Haha, I laughed a lot louder than I should have at this.

Thanks for the chuckle :rofl:

To answer your question though— not particularly, although I do sometimes think about all the people that have dropped me due to mental illness reasons from time to time. Sometimes it’s painful, other times I am able to wish them well.

3 Likes

I am. I don’t really know what happened between us - but I still remember the feelings I had for her like it was yesterday. That being said. She’s married now - it’s not the feelings I have for her at present but it’s the feelings from way back yesterday that I have if that makes sense

3 Likes

not me. I am friends with a few women. No interest in dating or anything with any of them. And I do not really care about old infatuations with others I have known in the past.

1 Like

no im clear of obsessions

they have been a problem for me in the past

seems like one of my earliest symptoms of MI

i

1 Like

No, not a thought comes to mind

1 Like

More like a torch that has run out of batteries… :smiley:

If the batteries are renewed, who knows?

1 Like

I’m desperate…so yea lol

1 Like

Yes I still love my ex from 15 years ago even though she was very abusive

1 Like

Kinda sorta. There’s two people who played prominent enough roles in my life that they became a part of me. If you’re close enough to a person, they kinda get baked into who you are.

Sometimes I’m stuck thinking about these people—the thoughts about “what if”, the regrets, old feelings. The longing for a less old me with fewer health problems and better prospects.

It was always me who didn’t know what she wanted and pushed these people away until they gave up and moved on. Now I think about these folks all the time.

I miss the old days when people just disappeared from your life forever. Now they’re on Facebook where you can look them up anytime you want and see what they’re up to.

It does not help the cause, lol.

3 Likes

yeah, i had friends who had the same values and interests as me and were really loving. i took them for granted. and my ex who’s married now with kids, i wish i hadn’t mucked it up with him.

1 Like

Crushes a torch?

Crushes make me feel weird. Feels good kinda bad at the same time

2 Likes

Emma. The blessing and yet at the same time a curse, for bloody well haunting my dreams for years.

2 Likes