Anyone quit coffee for real?

Lately i quit coffee because i realised that its reduce effectiveness of my medicines.i m just wonder if anyone quit coffee before for real i mean completely for long period

1 Like

I have quit coffee for many years before. Then I found out that instant coffee didn’t have a negative effect on me. I debated this morning whether to go to the supermarket and buy half and half or just drink tea. I took a walk around my neighborhood instead. I used to say: If I have to take these sedating medicines I’m going to use caffeine but nowadays my meds don’t sedate me.

2 Likes

My medicine has not sedating effects so i have no trouble to quit coffee

1 Like

I quit. Caffeine makes me mentally ill.

2 Likes

Yes i just realized this also.it just makes me delusional.

2 Likes

I have not had coffee since October 1st. Haven’t really missed it. Still going strong!

2 Likes

I did. It helped. Coffee makes me anxious, delusional and hyperactive. Now I drink a tiny bit of coffee. Not every day. Never more than one or two cups. And rarely at home. I serve coffee at my volunteer job, ironically…and can have it for free there. But I limit it, and have decaf mostly. I swapped my coffee machine (> easy & quick) for a French Press (> a hassle to use). That helps. If I really want to, I still can make a visitor coffee. But I wont make a quick cup for myself, mostly. I also buy decaf at home, often.

2 Likes

All this answers are encouraging.thanks for sharing your experiences

Once, but that was when I was a devout Mormon (long story). Now I’m a well caffeinated ex-com.

[ slurps ]

1 Like

I have no idea what an ex-com is. But you were mormon? And a devout one? :-o Now I am curious for the story (which probably is very much not allowed here). And do mormons not drink coffee? Why? (I don’t think we even have mormons here, so forgive my ignorance).

Ex-communicated. It took some effort. I subscribed the Stake President to Hustler and had it delivered to the chapel he worked out of.

Ah, okay. You got yourself ex-communicated. Sorry, it must have been a bad experience then. I know nothing about it.

I quit coffee and sodas. It’s been some time, but I am admittedly not sure gow long. Months? A year? I don’t do time well.

Well, not bad per se, but they got to me while I was in the throes of being ill. The med brain fog started to clear and I got a better look at the scriptures. I found them to be racist, bigoted, and misogynistic. Those are not my values, so I needed to formally cut ties. To be a member was to endorse that, which I certainly do not.

I understand. I don’t think I can really respond to that here without breaking a billion forum rules, as we probably already did. So maybe we have to go back to the coffee. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am enjoying my ability to enjoy coffee again for sure.

1 Like

I can imagine. It never occured to me to skip coffee for principal reasons. It’s that I turn all ADHD if I’m having more than one cup…or I’d be sipping it all day.

I was never a coffee drinker

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.