Anyone put on a lot of weight since starting anti psychtics then lose it again?

i gained about 100 pounds since starting anti psychotics 8 years ago. i have lost close to half of it in the last 6 months. sounds like a long time

1 Like

It really sucks. I must have not been with it when they explained all the side effects to me and it wasn’t after two years I looked into it and realised what was happening to me. I am just glad I got off it before getting diabetes.

1 Like

I definitely have gained weight on anti-psychotics. I have to exercise and eat healthily to stop gaining weight. I have lost weight very slowly, but the fat has been replaced by muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so I weigh about the same, but I look and feel a lot better than before exercise.

Exercise is like “You don’t have to do it but you feel better after”

I’ve lost 70 pounds since changing from Risperdal to Invega Sustena. I’ve had to watch what I eat.

2 Likes

It’s been my experience that AP’s increase my appetite just a little, and decrease my metabolism just a little, and the result if significant weight gain. It sucks.

I’m switching to invega sustenna from risperdal consta next Friday. I’m excited. it seems better overall. thanks for posting

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.