Anyone play Nation states?

I just re-opened mine after a lengthy absence. I’m a fairly casual user.

The Republic of Dyslimbia is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.591 billion Dyslimbians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.

The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.

The large but inefficient Dyslimbian economy, worth 472 trillion zyprexas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,972 zyprexas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.

Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, the wreckages of bombed planes that litter Dyslimbia are highly popular tourist destinations, and flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dyslimbia’s national animal is the dysphoric, which frolics freely in the nation’s many lush forests.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=dyslimbia

1 Like