Schizophrenia.com

Anyone on only one antipsychotic?

I have been thinking about taking only one AP, more precisely abilify. I’m on 20mg but also on fluanxol depot which has Manny side effects, i think of asking my doctor to up my abilify to 30 mg, in three doses.

2 Likes

I take just 1 antipsychotic.

I am on 60mg of Lurasidone (Latuda)

I tried Abilify back in 2012 and it didn’t work, I became psychotic.

3 Likes

That’s good, did you ever tried 2 aps?

1 Like

During my transition from Olanzapine to Lurasidone I was on both for about 3ish years.

I very slowly lowered my Olanzapine dose while increasing my Lurasidone.

I like Lurasidone a lot better than Olanzapine. My blood tests are perfect now, I am working now, everything got better. Except when I quit Olanzapine I developed withdrawal insomnia and now have to take 1.5mg of clonazepam just to sleep.

1 Like

I’m only on 15 mg of Haldol per day.

1 Like

Your transitione took a lot of time. Would you say your current med is better then it plus olanzapine?

1 Like

I see, I was on Haldol, 20mg drops. Didn’t like it

1 Like

Haldol doesn’t bother me. I get akithisia from it but I’m on Cogentin which takes that away. I also take Celexa.

1 Like

6mg Risperdal here.

1 Like

I had to take a long time because I had all kinds of weird withdrawal effects. So I took it super slow.

Yes, Lurasidone(60mg) is far better than Olanzapine(40mg) for me. When I was on Olanzapine I weighed 240lbs. I developed diabetes. My cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar levels and liver enzymes were way too high. My doctor said my fat gut was putting me at risk for a heart attack. I was at risk of an early death because I was in such bad shape physically. I slept 12 hours a day, didn’t work for 17 years. It got rid of my psychosis but I paid a heavy price for that.

With Lurasidone I have lost all that weight, I achieved my BMI weight. My blood test results are perfect. I am now pre-diabetic and my doctor said it is possible for my diabetes to reverse itself. I also work now for the first time in 17 years.

I don’t like Olanzapine. I really like Lurasidone.

1 Like

Oh man, I’m so sorry for that

1 Like

I used to take 2 mg plus Haldol 20mg. It was not a good combo

1 Like

I take 1 main ap: 12 mg Invega
I also take a low dose of clozapine but that’s just for sleep.

1 Like

How is your illness and symtoms?

1 Like

I’m stable but still hear voices. I also take an ad for my depression. But I’m mostly okay. And you?

1 Like

I’m doing better after the fluanxol wears off but have more energy which is sometimes to much to handle

1 Like

I’m only on abilify 10mg a day . This is the lowest dose for sz but it works good for me. I also credit a low stress lifestyle for having no positive symptoms such as paranoia.

2 Likes

The only antipsychotic I take is Invega Sustenna.

1 Like

I only take 10mg of abilify. No other Ap.

1 Like

I think they call it poly pharmacy, and it’s to be avoided as far as a know where possible

Have been on two AP’s before, but now I just take 800mg Amisulpride

1 Like