Anyone on Fluphenazine? "Prolixin?"

Anyone here on Fluphenazine? If so, what dose? What kind of side effects are you having? I can’t find anything else on the Web from people taking it. :frowning:

I was just wondering if the dose I’m on is high or low. It’s definitely low for me. To knock the voices out my doc put me on 8 mg of fluphenazine along with 4mg of respiridone. Now I’ve dropped down a bit. I got down to 3.5 and had some positive symptoms that persisted. Decided to go up to five and then lowered slowly again and now I’m at an all time low of 2.5 mg. I’m hoping to be off meds by summer.

I also take at least 2 omega 3s a day. Just started on Mct oil. Along with bacopa.

I am very interested in trying sarcosine along with l theanine since reading some threads on this site. (:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi ! i Don’t know what im to say

Well are ya on fluphenazine?

No … I’m about other thinks :wink:

According to drugs.com, the usual maintenance dose is 5mg per day so it sounds like you’re on a hefty dose.

1 Like

No … I’m about other thinks :wink: Do you Know about what ? myby you will understand what i can understand

I’m on 2.5 now… but I was on 8 and I was a zombie

Along with risperidone.

Now I’m off risperidone and just on 2.5 of fluphenazine

Hi, was just searching fluphenazine on the web…

I’ve been on 2mg and the injection.

I am still currently on it.

Given all the meds out there not saying which is the best… out of all the ones I’ve tried I think fluphenazine I’m just going to stick with it.

I like that I can lose weight on it. Doesn’t give me sleep problems. Only complaints I can sense from it is a bit of anhedonia. Then again I’ve read that it is known to lower mood… but nothing significant.

I would like to see if I can scrape by on 1mg… I haven’t had positive symptoms… even when I miss a dose… just severe irritability, which I think if untreated can manifest into psychosis.

I just want the minimal dosage that will knock off the edge… being totally medicated is not fully nescessary.

Hey there! I have been on Fluphenazine for years along with multiple supplements. It wasn’t until I got a DNA test that I am more suited for Invega but I tried it and had multiple hallucinations. So I’m back on it. I am currently taking 1mg as I have been for years. When I first took it, it had an antidepressant effect on me. That lasted for three days then things began to stabilize. I still heard voices but only in specific places such as my apartment or the bathroom but not anywhere else. I also gained weight, from 145 to 160, but maintained it at that point. I found it hard to sleep when I took it during the day so I have to take it at night. I still have many different symptoms of my disorder, schizo affective depressive type, but with it I can manage them. I also recently learned that I can’t drink alcohol on it or I get angry too easily. Needless to say, it has helped but I have a doctors appointment today and I will see if she lets me take invega with it. If you have any questions then I will be here!

Hey! I loved fluphenazine, at first in 2013, for a short time I was put on it, and unfortunately heard people talking about me and hallucinated the library set up with chairs and people that weren’t really there. Then as a fluke a year later, I went back on it cause my pdoc was the best and was open to anything, unfortunately I took advantage of his kindness and for three months, when I was supposed to be taking 15mg I took a piece of it that got smaller and smaller until I ended up in the ER and did partial hospital for two years. During that time I took as much as 37.5mg every two weeks of the injection along with 15mg of the pills. I had absolutely no side effects besides a relapse that’s why I needed to go on zyprexa. I was on cogentin the whole time. If I could I would go back on prolixin, idk why no body isn’t on it. I didn’t need mood stabilizers or ADs. That med was a miracle. I just didn’t like the injection cause it made me cry a lot and it gave me “the worse feeling of my life” at times idk how to explain it but it’s a feeling you never want to experience, so that’s why I stay on Invega since my pdoc will only prescribe me a injection, I screwed myself, and the other injections might give me those bad feelings…