Anyone of you have had relationship or in a relationship after being diagnosed?

Anyone of you have had relationship or in a relationship after being diagnosed?

Romantic/Sexual relationship

1 Like

yea. it was BS i find it amazing all of the important facts the mind seems to overlook after trauma similar to being diagnosed.

I have been married since 9 years without prıblem.before that we were relationship with 11 years.i was very lucky to have supported wife but i m not sure other selfish girls.because we are living in the age of selfishness.maybe you should check a girl has similar problem with you.

1 Like

I was in one for about four years. I broke it off.

Yes, about 40 romantic relationships and one husband together 9 years

1 Like

I had a boyfriend on and off for a year (2004) when I was 20 and a year since diagnosis. He was a really sweet hippie guy with long hair and a gentle spirit, but I broke it off bcuz I was too sick to appreciate him. A year later I went into remission and for years I was single and wanting to be a nun. Then after I converted to Islam in 2011, I wanted to get married. In 2012, just as I was relapsing gradually (but unaware it was sz again) I married. It has been 4 years now and we are still going on ok. My husband understands me and my sz better now.

1 Like

I was in a marriage, at the 10 year mark when Dx’d, ended after 25 years, then remarried now, going on 3 years.

Yes, but not for awhile. Too depressing getting into why that is. All have been MI patients themselves since I’ve been diagnosed. Think it’s the disclosure issue more then anything.

I had boyfriends after diagnosis.
I was not romantically compatible with them though.
Its easy for smeone to judge me as awfle for writing what i write but you may not understand what happened so…yeah. :slight_smile:
I feel a bit dirty and disgusting for having mixed saliva that should not of been mixed and let men (or as i think woman that hate me and are malicious in mens bodies) have sex with me.It was bad.
The last one was worst.
I was celibate for 5 or 6 years then i had met with man who was not compatible with and we were not attracted to each other . It was a disgusting combination. Hopefully i can be cleaned and purified from it. my saliva feels good in mouth now.Its just perhaps the memory. bää.
I have given love to some who only ever hated me.such maliciousness ive had toward me. i might read a book. learn more. maybe understand better.

I want to move on and find someone compatible.
Love n marry.
I think i have so much love, affection etc to give n want to give it to right man.
I really want to get married.
Have intimacy, privacy, sacredness, holy union,playfulness, love, affection, love making and other delights.

some of my bf were possibly nice men.
As friend. but the sex did not happen.
I am sexual person and it is important to me to have this sexual love and compatability and affection, etc as well as friend ship.

I just heard someone say that people were lying about me.
“whats new” ? :slight_smile:

Are you still a muslim Saadiqah?
Your husband a muslim too then?

I was a muslim for one whole year.
Prayed 5 times a day, wore hijab, ate halal etc
Before that i was not religious.
Now i am not a muslim anymore and nolonger believe in it and am not religious anymore.

2 Likes

I heard myself say “you are a romantic man and i really want to appreciate you” :slight_smile:

Maybe this is what i say “in spirit”.

Anyway. what i wrote previously may of been missunderstood.

Some might say it delusion …
but i believe that i might not of ever been with a man but that it was woman that hate me that were in their bodies.
Most of them dislike me and those who might of liked me and could be friend may not of been sexually compatible with.

I understand there is medications and so many reasons…
I just felt a maliciousness come from some of them.
Definately last one was with.
a nastyness, hate and maliciousness and then yucky saliva mix and aaaa. :slight_smile:

I do not mean to offend anyone by my beleifs…

Nice to read some success stories.
Beautiful, good relationships are possible and doable.

since diagnosed, I have never been in a relationship. I tend to isolate, but other factors are present. I missed out on so much in the past 30 years, it is to late in my mind now, because of health issues. Yes of course I dream at times but in the end I doubt I will ever go on another date.

I met my bf about 6 months before my symptoms started. Now we’ve been together 4.5years. He stuck with me throught it and after.

1 Like

No, no relationships. Has been 12 years now. Not particularly bothered. I am a â– â– â– â–  boyfriend.

Nah, I have a long history of bad choices. For now, I’m good single.

1 Like

I’ve been with my girlfriend for almost three years. We have our highs and lows, but we’re still together. I’ve never been with somebody constantly this long, I’m very proud to be able to say it.

1 Like

This flame is too bright to go out…4 years …I love my soul mate…she’s been taking care of me this last year after I was diagnosed… She’s the keeper of my flames…

1 Like

I entered an unhealthy relationship last summer. (Fortunately) we never had sex before I broke up with her. It was a good learning experience I guess. I will pick relationships more wisely going forward. No relationship is perfect.

1 Like