Anyone of you folk have advice for online dating?

I’m starting to regain some of my confidence back, and I’d like to try and start dating again. I don’t know a lot of people in real life so I’m using okcupid to try and make some connections. Making online conversation is really hard for me! I feel like I’m so boring and every dude that I know is so interesting/has so much to say.

Any tips, please would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Best advice I have is have fun! It shows interest and keeps the dialogue flowing.

2 Likes

I met my boyfriend on a online dating site.

I told him about schizophrenia before we met.

I gave him money for petrol and he drove interstate to meet me on a date.

Our date lasted four days and we decided I would visit him over Christmas and that I might move interstate to live with him.

He picked me up from the airport a month or two later.
Thank fully he was good.

What I did is very dangerous and not advisable.

We have been together for two years but only have sex once every three or four months.

I love :two_hearts: him.

I do not know if we will last.

I want to be a vegan and he said he will break up with me if I do.

1 Like

Yeah have fun and just do you! Keep your boundaries and the good thing about internet is you can chat and figure out more about people at your pace. I never liked picking up at nightclubs or bars. I like to know people at a decent level to even be attracted to them!

Take your time! If I had different circumstances I wouldn’t hesitate to use online dating! I once married a girl I met on the internet! That was a good thing for my life!

1 Like

just be yourself! i think everyone feels pressure to seem exciting, but the great goal of all mankind is to be our selves

1 Like

i think a lot of guys will be interested in you purely because you feel like listening and find what they have to say interesting

I think the rules are changing

for instance you don’t have to go for guys

that are just in your age range though some women

will still call you a cougar

there’s lots of sex on online dating

but I’ve had many long term boyfriends

I only let them come over to my place

until I felt safe and comfortable.

1 Like

I agree on the age thing…ive had dates with guys 10 years younger.

And take your time, know what you want and have strong boundaries. I had some issues with guys wanting too much too soon and stopped online dating.

And dont be too shy - be active approaching the people you like.

You arent boring…the whole dating thing just takes some practice…

1 Like

My advice is to tell you that nothing beats meeting people in real life based upon shared interests. Find some sort of group or club or something where people meet up to do something of interest to you. You’ll have a good chance of finding someone who has a lot in common with you.

As for online dating, I would be very careful. Have some sort of video chat early on to see who they are for real. And any first meeting should be done in a public place around lots of people.

But in my case I didn’t do either of those methods to find my current boyfriend. He found me. He worked just down the street from where I worked, and he saw me walking past the restaurant where he worked every evening. And he used some lame excuse (or so it seemed at the time) to strike up a conversation with me, and I was receptive, and one thing led to another after that. So, be willing to put yourself out there and maybe the right person will reach out to you.

2 Likes

I must be pretty heartless because I don’t miss any of my old flames

I wish them well though

just living in the present, with Phil.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.