Anyone know someone here recovered

Anyone know someone here recovered and leading a normal life ?

4 Likes

What do you consider normal? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

With no voices 666999

1 Like

Well recovery means different things to different people. I’m sure a lot of people dont hear voices anymore.

1 Like

Doing good here but voices were the first thing to go in my recovery. Had much more problems getting over paranoia and delusions especially

1 Like

Lots of people recover to lead a normal life. I’ve heard as much as 25%

2 Likes

I don’t have positives (hallucinations and delusions) as long as I take my med. Luckily i’m able to work a minimum wage job part time because my negatives aren’t severe enough.

5 Likes

Lots of people leave these boards to live rich and realized lives. It happens more often than you think.

6 Likes

I nolonger hear voices thankfully and my other symptoms are pretty much gone too.
I had a lot of delusions and isolated from family but back in touch with them.
Things can get better.
They did for me.

2 Likes

I’ve never met one. Maybe because people leading a normal life are out there…not here. Yes - one. Don’t know if he was schizophrenic but he went back to his job teaching at Johns Hopkins. Don’t know how that went.

There are people who have just one psychotic break. Those people are probably counted with the 25 %.

3 Likes

I’ve had 3 episodes my brother 2 we both plan on being on meds for life. We both have kids and have kept our marriages together. I’ve been diagnosed for 18 years and him probably 30. Both working full time. I haven’t been on this sight for some time but there are others on the sight with full time work some are married and a few have kids. Not sure how many at this time.

4 Likes

I think I’m pretty much recovered now thank God. Able to hold down a job, no voices and no negative symptoms. My libido is not high but I am partly guilty for that too as I smoke and I don’t do sports.
Very thankful to my parents who have supported me unconditionally during years of illness.
My future is uncertain but for now everything looks promising.

8 Likes

:musical_note: Post Malone- Better Now :musical_note:

2 Likes

I’m ok, but my life will never be normal.

1 Like

I’ve only known a couple of people who I think recovered from their mental illness, but then again, I don’t know. One guy was working a job and seemed happy, but he got fired for calling his female boss too much. He had a crush on her. But he was out in the world and functioning, and maybe after he learned a few of the hard rules of the workplace he’d be fully recovered. The other guy was doing pretty good. Surprisingly, he was profoundly depressed before he took ect, but he pulled right out of it when he got that treatment. I’ve seen other people make progress, but they had a ways to go before they were recovered.

I am saner than ever. Few voices, few delusions linger on, but everything OK. Not completely normal, if that is what you’re asking

1 Like

I have very few delusions these days I’m doing well. Of course it comes at the cost of taking four heavy duty medicines every day. And they still linger. But I’m doing well.

1 Like

Me too. 1515151515

I haven’t had a hallucination in over two years. I’m married and have a job. It happens. I just have to keep taking my meds and going to therapy. I still struggle with some things, but so does everyone in the world.

4 Likes

So you don’t have any breakthrough symptoms?