Schizophrenia.com

Anyone here use chewing tobacco?

I know it causes oral cancer, so I’m not gonna buy it.

Also a lot Swedes seem to be in denial that Snus causes oral cancer.

1 Like

I wonder if its the nicotine causing cancer. There is still no proof that nicotine causes cancer.

I’m not sure about the mechanism, but it seems to irritate the gums, cheeks and esophagus. No idea how it mutates dna to cause cellular destruction or cancerous growth.

1 Like

My bro and his friend use the snus a lot.

3 Likes

I used to be a big snus user. :tiger2::tiger2::tiger2:

2 Likes

I did chewing tobacco once And I loved it. But it’s like the nastiest form of tobacco

2 Likes

The polish use it here - usually bought from their own shops in town.
Bit groce really - cos near the pickup points where they are taken to work on vans in the early hours onto the farms north of here - theres big dollops of it spat out.

Dont reckon its really an english thing. Always thought it was more US/Polish/Turkish.

2 Likes

I dipped Copenhagen and Skole for a couple of years, a long time ago. I know one guy who keeps a dip in his mouth 24/7. He takes nicotine patches trying to come off it, but that just got him more addicted to nicotine. I hope he can find a way to get himself off it.

I’ve tried it, made me sick.

No, but I’m quite fond of snuff. There is not much evidence to support that its use increases the likelihood of developing nose cancer, itself very rare. The main thing is not keep the toxic smoke out of your lungs, nicotine itself is ok.

1 Like

I used to chew a long time ago.
I enjoyed it more than smoking but I sometimes would feel sick from the chewing tobacco because I would accidentally swallow some tobacco juice :face_vomiting::smile:

3 Likes

I use snus occasionally but i dont think its tasty ciggs arent either but i prefer that for my nicotine addiction

1 Like

I used to chew to get off smoking cigs. Not a good idea, but I eventually got sick of the chew and gave that up after like 2 months. Thankfully, I’m tobacco-free nowadays.

3 Likes

I went through a stage of wanting to try snuff, but never went through with it.

Not sure if chewing tobacco tastes like normal, but if it does, that’s gross. Tastes better when you burn it

I quit. Was using it to bait traps, but it doesn’t work. Never caught Chewbacca even once. Or any other wookies.

1 Like