Anyone here has a bunny as a pet?

Hello,
I wrote this thread 'cos I desperately want a mini bunny as a pet. I love them, I hope they will help me in my recovery, but my mother doesn’t let me have one. :disappointed: I would like to ask you if it has helped you in your recovery, so that I can persuade my mother, and if it is a heavy responsibility and whatever you would like to say to me about this pet.

1 Like

at the nature center i work at we have bunnies…they’re cute. although some of them make a mess. ours are well trained to use the litter box…they’re not too much work at all.

1 Like

my sister has one…a big, fat, brown one. Her and her boyfriend let’s it lose in their apartment…pretty disgusting

1 Like

I have a pet bunny named Roger Rabbit. I don’t do much of the care, my wife and son does that. My advice to you is if you get one, keep it outside with a hutch and a run. Rabbits aren’t good inside, they will smell up a house. Also if you use normal rabbit food supplement it with carrots and other vegetables. Commercial rabbit food is made to fatten up bunnies for eating and does not provide all the nutrients a rabbit needs. It is raining right now but if I think about it later I will take a picture and upload it for you. Oh yeah, rabbits can handle the cold well but have a wind block, they dont handle wind very well. Any other questions just pm me

1 Like

fun bunnys with floppy ears, hoppy hoppy tell one comes near , to eat a piece of grass.

1 Like

Pets and music are the two top ten treatments for schizophrenia and the likes.

I hope you can talk your mother around as will help with your mental health.

1 Like

Hey, thank you all for your direct response! I don’t know, I want to have one so desperately, and we have space for that, but my mother won’t let me, I just told her it is therapeutical but she said she is watching tv right now and she can’t be occupied with my problem. My family just can’t understand how I cope with this illness.

Having a pet can be therapeutic! bunnies make great pets :smile:

3 Likes

darth bunny :rabbit: is my apprentice, he is no pet… :imp:
take care :alien:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I had a rabbit when I was young and he was a bstrd! The thing about most critters is that you really need to socialize them or they become scared and defensive because they’re not used to people (my rabbit was a bitey S.O.B, but we got him when he was older after spending a lot of his life in a cage with other rabbits that were also aggressive). So if you got a bunny that was young and and spend a lot of your time with it, it would probably be a really loving animal- bunnies can be SUPER sweet when they like people. They’re not too difficult to take care of. Just give them a clean cage, rabbit pellets, and fresh food (don’t feed them iceberg lettuce- which is mostly water and would give them the diarrhea). Hope you get your bunny one day! :smiley:

1 Like

I got a bunny from someone in 4-H. It was raised by another kid or teenager, so it was socialized. It’s name was Babs. My cousin had one for a long time (with secret replacements over the years, haha).

Bunnies aren’t as easy to acquire as cats. You can’t bring in a helpless baby one that you’ve found outside, so you’re going to have to go with the long con. Start by drawing or tracing bunnies in front of them every chance you get. Tell your parents about others here or that you know who have bunnies. Rent movies about bunnies. Make sure you talk about bunnies in front of them. Get a little misty eyed and stare off into space.

This is adapted from my horse acquiring technique I used on my dad.

2 Likes

Hilarious! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers, they were really helpful. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I hope whoever wants a bunny they can have it, 'cos they are very sweet animals!!

My parents agreed on taking a bunny!! :slight_smile: I just hope they don’t lie, until I forget about it! I 'm feeling much much better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered what cooked rabbit taste like. Probably like chicken. But they sure are cute.

Grrr…, lol

1 Like