Anyone heard about new drug with no side effects?

Anyone heard about new antischz with no side effects ??

I don’t think it exists.

Well what’s it called?

I think it’s called “imagination”.

2 Likes

I am transitioning from abilify to vraylar right now. So far I can’t tell if it has any side effects or not. Vraylar is very new.

1 Like

all meds have side effects even something like aspirin.

1 Like

perhaps you are looking info for lumateperone (ITI 007). it going through third phase of clinical trial and will be out by mid of year or next year some time. Its really promising: no side effects at all apart from mild sedation or insomnia. works on both positive and negative symptoms. From wiki:

“In phase II clinical trials, lumateperone showed statistically-significant efficacy in improvement of psychosis at a dose of 60 mg daily.[2] In addition, it distinguished itself from its comparator risperidone in reducing negative symptoms, including improvement in social function, as well as in alleviating depressive symptoms in schizophrenia patients with comorbid depression, whereas risperidone had no effect.[2][10] Lumateperone also distinguished itself from risperidone in that it produced little or no weight gain, did not negatively affect metabolic parameters (i.e., insulin, glucose, triglyceride, and cholesterol levels), did not increase prolactin levels, and did not show a rate of the side effect of akathisia that differed from placebo.[2][10] In addition, lumateperone did not produce any changes in cardiovascular function, such as QTc prolongation, and unlike risperidone, it did not produce a measurable increase heart rate.[7] Due to its favorable influence on metabolic parameters, it was concluded that lumateperone, unlike many other available antipsychotics such as risperidone, may not cause an increase in the risk of diabetes or cardiovascular disease, and hence may prove to be a significant improvement relative to many existing antipsychotic drugs in terms of long-term safety and tolerability”

3 Likes