Anyone have success on prozac fluoxetine for ocd intrusive thoughts?

and I thought it was all fine

I thought it was better than being depressed

I read rexulti is the same as abilify???

I took abilify for awhile but it gave me td, I like rexulti because it makes me not obsess about suicide. I think they are closely related but not the same.

Does it give you anxiety?

Well, I’m a pretty anxious person anyway but I don’t think the rexulti makes me worse. I think if anything I’m less anxious now because I’m doing better overall.

I have OCD as well and Clomipramine worked the best for me.

The intrusive thoughts form or behavior?

I’ve been having trouble with intrusive thoughts most of my life. Also have had pretty bad delusions.

Does the medication help with it? That’s the ocd i have. Obsessions in my head

Prozac didn’t work well with me, but Clomipramine did. Also it is the first drug approved by the FDA to treat OCD, especially obsessive thoughts.

Cymbalta helped me. I have max dosage right now. It doesn’t cause psychosis or mania in me.

Zoloft here, 200mg. Helps with my depression a moderate amount, but the biggest difference was on my intrusive thoughts.

I’m not a stranger to horrible thoughts that pop up in a flash into my head, thoughts that I never want to think, things that disturbed me. And the thought of being a horrible person lingered for ages.

These thoughts have decreased with meds and therapy, I’ve learned how to rationalize them somewhat, frame them and how I react differently.

1 Like

Care to share any pointers @Ooorgle buddy? Im struggling with intrusive thoughts at present

I’m doing zinc 50mg(recommended max dosage) and glycine 2grams daytime and 2grams for the night atm.
The 4th gram gets me into sleep, but during daytime it gives serotinin.
My intrusives come from people

There’s threads on reddit for zinc helping intrusives

What supplements help intrusive thoughts?

There are some supplements that have been researched in OCD treatment studies such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, folic acid, homocysteine, trace elements , N-acetyl cysteine, glycine, myoinositol, St John’s wort, milk thistle, valerian root, curcumin and borage.Mar 11, 2020

My dad has OCD and is on 60mg of Prozac, he use to be on 100mg but is doing well so they reduced it.