Anyone have severe negative symptoms yet do something productive?

I get dressed every day, in the morning, no exceptions. I may not shower ( that remains difficult ) but I get dressed and brush my hair. After that I’ve already done something and have lots of time left. During the school year/work year for me, I have people who count on me. Sometimes I have to call in sick. Right now I’m off for the summer. But my husband expects the house to be passibly clean, laundry to be done, dinner cooked most evenings. He counts on me for those things. When I was a single mom, my son needed me to do things for him. There was, is, and ever will be no choice but to get up and get dressed and then…next. If I didn’t get up and get dressed each day it would be a lot harder.

2 Likes

I write… a lot. And do music and paintings. It easy, all you need is paper and pen (and maybe a cheap guitar), and you can in the same time express your feelings, something that is difficult while you have negative symptoms. Me it helped to reach out more into my feelings and rediscover them. If you have money you can go to painting classes or get together a band.