Anyone from UK? London?

Welcome Plate of Biscuits!! How are you?

1 Like

I’m from US but would love to visit UK some day. I watch a lot of BBC on YouTube

1 Like

I am sure you would enjoy it!

1 Like

I’m good thanks, Qwerty1. Stable at the moment and doing OK on meds, although still not working right now. How are you?

I see my nurse which is actually a social worker - but i see him only when i call him usually. Just got funding for a support worker for 10 hours a week to basically get me out the house.Dont adapt well to social situations unless i have a drink on board unfortunatley. Wanted my jab early but fukers not got not one around to give it. Used to be a nurse myself so i said ill give it to myself!

1 Like

Hey @Qwerty1! I am from the Glasgow area.

2 Likes

I am well thank you. May I ask, what medications are you on?

@Naarai do you need to administer it differently than orally?

From a different perspective I seem very well in social situations but inside I hate it. I hate busy environments. I feel anxious and begin to get paranoid

Hey Jimbob, how are you?

2 Likes

Good thanks buddy! Hope you are well?

2 Likes

@anon20613941 I am well thank you. I am having a very chilled day, how was the weekend?

1 Like

I had a head cold which was a good excuse to stay in my pyjamas all day :joy:

You have a good weekend?

1 Like

No mines the Xeplion injection 100mg. I told them if they cant give it - im qualified to shoot myself in the arm with the drug lol.

No im crap in social situations - unless i have a beer - that is my downfall. My coping mechanism for dealing with Schizophrenia Is booze unfortunately - but im trying to change that

1 Like

@anon20613941 I feel like I am getting the same. I came to keep my Mother company and we are just in the sofa watching “come dine with me”

But the weekend was well, I had some friends come over. But I spent a lot of time relaxing

1 Like

@Naarai I find that most people with schizophrenia have voices, I have delusions…, I tend to pecieve things differently. I completely understand why you drink, I find that it stables me. I have stopped drinking nonetheless, I do not go out that often anymore, which is so strange and I used to go out 3-4 days a week

1 Like

@Qwerty1 I did have voices and delusions but the jab sorted all that out. I just mainly fight boredom and restlessness these days. Yes im in the pub most days - and im fully open about being schizo - they dont care a bit about that which is nice. Doesnt help when your trying to cut down drinking tho - and you have a unlimited bar tab lol. But i only go down for the social aspect really, cos otherwise i wouldnt speak to another person for days…

@Naarai How long have you been on the medication? Is the pub the only interaction you have with people? (If you do not mind me asking) what about friends and family?

When I was recovering I found that boredom was such an issue for me, I hated waking up and doing the same things everyday and then I started to reorganise myself with my personal interests and directed myself towards my goals. I went back into education and use my spare tine with activities that fulfills my personal values.

What interests you?

@Qwerty1 Only been on the jab 7-8 months now, got deemed an overdose risk so they took me off the pills. Yeah the pub is the ONLY social interaction i have. Tried a day center, but call me arrogant but they were simply “too ill” to have a meaningful conversation with. My family have their own lives and i live miles away from them. Its the boredom thats the killer.

When i was nursing - i studied halfway thru to be a Nursery Nurse - but then got ill and unstable and unfortunately got arrested a few times so it knackered my CRB check. But apart from nursing i used to be a computer engineer for the local council back in the days when it was 286 computers and windows xp lol. Well out of date with tech mind you now lol.

Used to play alot of computer games, but even those dont interest me now. I just find it really hard to get in to any subject these days. But with my new carer starting soon - im hoping to start afresh and get into some subject which i really like.

I absolutely adore little ones and children - If there was one job i would love it would be a Nursery Nurse working in a creche lol. Baby’s make me smile! But we will see on that one and see how my mental health treats me in the future…

Hi @Qwerty1. I’m on Aripiprazole, zopiclone for the insomnia from the Aripiprazole and lamotrigine. Can I ask what meds you’re on?

@Naarai I have never been to a day centre, in fact it was only mentioned to me last week while discussing the potentiality of me starting a clozapine treatment. I had imagined it would have been different from being institutionalised.

I find that this forum helps in terms of interactions. Have you ever considered moving closer to family?

So what is your plan of action? What foot will you put forward in order to pursue your dreams?