Anyone frequent this site that has recovered

I don’t know if my opinion would count or not but I have seen many people here behaving very well over the time. I am seeing them improving and recovering every time. They are more composed now.

At some point, sometimes I see one or two slipping into depression but I guess it’s just the pressure from our time. We are living in a world where there is a lot of competition. Even very healthy minds observe such psychological traumas at some point in life. Having it in the people here shouldn’t be surprising then.

I won’t mention their names but trust me being around supportive and good people helps. Discuss your issues, just don’t hesitate. You’ll find many topics discussing things freely and then people posting their opinions according to their understanding.

2 Likes

this site has helped me immensely while i’ve been here

1 Like

I don’t care about negative symptoms anymore. He, this is the new me, I sleep a lot, I am not a hyper person and I don’t talk a lot. If you like me I will sacrifice my wellbeing to make you a happier person. If you don’t like me it is your problem and you have to find one among the 99% of people who don’t have sz. That’s how I will overcome my negative symptoms in addition, and frankly speaking, I will look up to @mortimermouse and his astonishing will and capability to wake up and live his potential to the fullest and do so well in his academic career. It is something I need to face not like the positive symptoms something I must treat.

2 Likes

Yeah me too. I accept that I sleep a lot and can not move much at times. But the times that I feel good I will not waste

2 Likes

I believe in recovery at the moment I take medication but I run my own business, have friends and a social live. I have been diagnosed for 14 yrs. I don’t remember the last time I had an episode or heard voices. I am in the process of lowering my meds and it feels great. Mind you I think its the support I have had and I’m not talking doctors or therapist but all doctors have done is give out scripts. The last six months is the first time I have seen a therapist since being diagnosed. My support has been family and friends.

1 Like

I sleep a lot, I take naps, if no nap then lots of coffee. I suggest caffeine like crazy. I am totally different before and after my coffee in the mornings and afternoons. To lift weights I drink special weightlifting stimulants that are sold at health stores. It takes me some concentrated effort and lots of caffeine to go beyond just a student and also be an advanced weightlifter. Your post was very flattering, by the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bingo . Caffeine is key

Another vote for caffeine. Found it useful even before taking neuroleptics. Doesn’t seem to effect me as much as normals… I can drink coffee at night no problem.

I’ve not recovered but with help and medication I’ve been able to manage myself and also smoking marijuana, I know a lot of studies say it makes it worse but honestly it hasent, I am also diagnosed with severe general anxiety disorder,paranoid psychosis and depression.
A lot of strains of marijuana are good for those disorders so it does help me a lot and I make sure I don’t smoke the bad strains that worsen schizophrenia as I have noticed in the past it effecting me.
With my meds in place I can feel no anxiety or very little , I stay at home most of the time because of increased anxiety when out of my home, but as for the voices very little now maybe only 2 days out of 7 which I think is better than 7 out of 7. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know there is a compound in marijuana that has benefits to those affected with psychosis. But smoking it in hash or weed form is generally thought not to be good. I guess your bucking the trend , everyone is different I guess

No honestly I am most of the time at my home so I smoke it by myself and I know how it’s been grown because I am close with the people that did. I feel it helps me medically.