Anyone ever done formal intelligence testing?

Motivation is more important than IQ.

2 Likes

IQ may have some meaning, but really I know of a lot of rich now bankrupt people, we all make mistakes, part of life. I often see the post in many forums (mostly dating sites) on how smart they are cause they know the difference between to, too and two. I doubt most of them could swap out a motor in a 2015 ford or move a 20 ton piece of equipment to a new place or change a flat tire, many don’t even know their new car may not even come with one.

Point being we are all smart in our own way, Us Schizophrenia people have a way better understanding of how the brain works and the knowledge spills over to other area’s of thought outside mental illness, which give us a better understanding of why people are the way they are and we are more tolerant as to who they are as a person, all faults included!!

2 Likes

I’ve been IQ-tested once. It wasn’t the Wechsler test which is the only one I’m familiar with from my studies. Don’t know which test it was. I did pretty well.

I did as a child, somewhere between 4th and 6th grade. my mother was a teacher, so I took the IQ test, then retook it for demonstration purposes for others to learn to admisiter the IQ test. I kept getting higher scores each time because I already knew the answers from the previous demonstration, which turned off the teaching staff. I recall that vividly.

I went to college and grad school, had to score well on the GMAT test to get into graduate school. Graduate Management Admissions Test is what GMAT stands for.

You’re very right. A person might be brilliant in one area and have a deficit in another. Once I heard this guy who was brilliant in mathematics say, “For someone who is supposed to be smart, how come I am so stupid?” Also, there was the brilliant nuclear physicist from the era when they first learned about nuclear fission and the atomic bomb who could not figure out how to drive a car. His name was Szilard, or something like that. I think character is more important than IQ. The most likely way to success is through hard work.

1 Like

There is intelligence as measured by tests, and there is the application of intelligence to real life situations. I am quite good at the former but not so good at the latter.