Anyone else's sedation due to meds reduce over time?

I take quetiapine morning and night. For the first six months I was a total zombie. But now not a thing. Funny eh?

1 Like

That’s good! Do you know if the same is true of clozapine? Someone told me they were on that and it knocks them out.

1 Like

I have been told the same is true of clozapine but can’t confirm.

My meds have the opposite effect of sedation, that make me restless and agitated.

I’ve had that before too. Think I prefer sedation.

1 Like

I’m the same with Quetiapine!

First time I took it I couldn’t stand up.

Now I pop it like skittles and nothing.

Can’t say I am unhappy about this.

1 Like

Same here. No sedation. My coffee consumption has gone down loads.

I still drink coffee and I can sleep 10 hours a day but when I’m awake I’m alert and not drowsy. Same for you?

1 Like

Yeah I sleep well. Take 300mg in the morning and the same at night. First six months were hell but I love this med now.

1 Like

I love it too although I’ve gotten chubby.

I take 900mg at night. I guess that’s a high dose but I don’t feel it and it hits the spot.

1 Like

Is yours the XR or the normal one? Can’t get the XR as it is too expensive.

I am chubby too!

1 Like

The normal one too. I tried XR but I felt so bad on it. Lasted one dose. I got really restless and agitated.

Lol whoever makes a version of it with no weight gain will get my thanks. The weight neutral drugs don’t fix my crazy!

1 Like

When I first started Latuda, it would knock me out cold at night. It was very strong. This lasted for quite a few months.
Now I just feel a little tired at night, though I may start to feel a bit more sedation as my dosage was just increased.

1 Like

Sedation is still the same on clozapine. I sleep 12-13 hours on it.

1 Like

I’m on 5mg of Zyprexa (olanzapine) and 15mg of Aristab (aripiprazole) and I sleep 10-12 hours per day. I thought aripiprazole would make me sleep less. The pro is that I feel more energized with it.

1 Like

Zoloft knocked me OUT for the first couple weeks I was on it. Was literally sleeping hours and hours a day. Couldn’t stay awake. (Luckily I was on break from school at the time). Sleepiness went away completely once I adjusted.

1 Like

It was never an issue on Seroquel Xr, after a while it started kicking in again and I have been dealing with sleeping all day and all night lately.

Xr is more expensive but better for sedation. Rexulti sedates me.