Anyone else unfit to drive?

This is not a legal thing yet but I crashed into someone today and nearly tore up my card myself
Not 100 % sure whether police will be involved it was a write off and severe damage and I wasn’t insured

I can’t legally drive, but it’s because I have neurocardiogenic syncope. Essentially, I pass out a lot.

4 Likes

I went without driving for almost 2 years and for something similar!! I have POTS which causes me to pass out and have seizure-like episodes.

I drive nowadays, but I’m not a very good driver because of my mental health.

2 Likes

I have problems driving even a shopping cart… :worried:

5 Likes

I was very sick in my teen years and never really learned. I tried years ago, when I was still very sick. But I couldn’t get enough practice in and I wasn’t very good at it.

2 Likes

I was unfit to drive for a long time because I would hallucinate. I would feel my arms turning upside down and couldn’t hold the wheel.

2 Likes

I didn’t drive mostly for about 2 years. I just started back up but I won’t do it at certain times because I get a little too drowsy from the saphris (an ap) and I won’t drive if I take Ativan.

Thank God no one was hurt

2 Likes

I drive and I’m a very good driver. When I see your posts, I realize how lucky I am because the antipsychotic cured almost all my symptoms. I feel sorry for you. I really wish you all soon be able to drive because it allows you to go anywhere when you want.

I thought I was the only one taking Saphris on this forum. How much mg do you take? I only take 5. Is it efficient for you?

Amazingly I was a natural at driving. I still see things but not when I’m driving. Sometimes my brain fogs up to the point of nothingness though which is dangerous.

I’m physically unfit to drive. I literally cannot FIT in a vehicle in the driver’s side.

1 Like

I take 10mg twice a day. I don’t hallucinate nearly as much as I used to.

1 Like

did I tell you I found a way to get the taste out of your mouth? Atomic fireballs clear that right up! (after the 5 minutes wait)

1 Like

I can really only drive locally.
I’ve got a lot of fears and anxiety surrounding driving.
I’m having a hard time driving on the freeway lately.

2 Likes

For me antipsychotics have really a powerful effect on me. I only take 5 mg a day and still it’s too much powerful.

1 Like

I don’t know what is atomic fireball. :slightly_smiling_face:
But I got used to the taste. It doesn’t disturb me at all now.

for me I need lots of ap, I even take 4mg of rexulti to go with it. I take a bunch of other stuff too.

1 Like

oh god I hate the taste so much! Is it discoloring your teeth?

1 Like

I haven’t really driven since 2010 and I was diagnosed in 2014. Ever since fully developing schizophrenia it affected my concentration. And I have really bad anxiety. I don’t even know if I can drive now, I’ve been afraid to try

1 Like

Yes like a little of a brown deposit between the teeth. Not enough to be visible for anybody but the dentist has to clean it each year. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like