Anyone else the luckiest of the family?

Sometimes it is unbearable dealing with the grief
Sure there is sibling rivalry, but I can’t imagine their pain
I’ve spent my whole life grieving
5 years spent in acute psychosis and still the happiest and luckiest

1 Like

I don’t believe in luck. I believe I am blessed. And I believe everyone is blessed no matter what their circumstances.

1 Like

Wow thanks for sharing.

Idk really. I graduated college. First in my immediate family.

2 Likes

Yes, my whole family missed out on being being chained to a bed while raving to the nurse.
They also missed out on smoking so much crack sweat starts pouring down your face and your heart thumps like a rabbit kicking a drum. Man, I didn’t realize how lucky I am.

1 Like

I am the worse of all my family and extended family.

1 Like

Because of this shitty schizophrenia.

1 Like

a person’s family would have to be pretty bad off to be worse off than a schizophrenic.

2 Likes

I know, that is the point @schizo_freak

“a person’s family would have to be pretty bad off to be worse off than a schizophrenic.”

One sister had 12 years of constant deterioration of schizophrenia after a suicidal childhood
Was then hit by a car and killed age 25, after 2 years in hospital

Other sister alcoholic and alone in the world other than my mum sometimes me very severely suicidal
with 8 years of
psychosis and never having had a single non abusive relationship after a trauma from age 3, leaving her with life long ptsd
Now bulimic to the level of life threatening and psychotic and alcoholic

Me I spent 5 years in acute psychosis, over a year in psychiatric hospital … 25 years back and forth
But have now been in remission for 15 years and live with my husband whom I met soon after leaving hospital

1 Like

Thank you, yes i understand.
The level of human misery I have seen in my family is pretty extreme
I’ve had a prognosis of worse than the average schizophrenia, and have. these days , everything I could have asked for

1 Like

That is a pretty cool achievement
My closest sister in age wanted to die as early as 4 years old
This is life long grief to know she didn’t want her life

This is how one would have thought it would go for me
A normal family probably never existed

1 Like

Nick, yes
But you got through it

I’m talking about 2 immediate family members not getting through it while I did

1 Like

Yeah, I can see in your family you’re the lucky one. With all due respect it’s a shame the reason you became the luckiest.
My sisters must have their demons but they’re fairly normal and did all the normal things people do.

1 Like

Thank you @77nick77
Yes it’s very very sad and I would love to have not lost them
It is sad every single day

I have terrible circumstances compared to them but I am learning to play my cards right.

hopefully I am just as lucky as the others of the family.

my mum has it worse than me though but I want her to be proud of me I guess cos she gave birth to me and stuffff

1 Like

I count myself lucky that I didn’t get hurt doing stupid things.

2 Likes

Yes i m kind a lucky because i m not hungry and i have house and all luxury for average person.things can get much worse in our cases.

2 Likes

No one really has life handed to them on a platter. My other family members have serious problems too.

1 Like

i feel lucky but not the luckiest of my family… but i think i’m lucky as i have a place to live and people helping me… I have fuds every day… life could be a lot worse still i think.

2 Likes

Well, because my mother and sisters don’t get along and isn’t on speaking terms I inherit all of her stuff in the will…
On a side note my sisters don’t have schizophrenia and is capable of working real jobs, while I’m confined to things like bussing tables ---- Im 32 and my eyesight is still perfect ---- I dunno, I’m the last and youngest man to my name, I probably won’t have kids, however I would if the right woman comes along…

1 Like