Anyone else single by choice?

i used to be single by choice. after some relationships i found myself wanting to be single so i could have my freedom back. i enjoyed that for a few years, but now i would like to be in a relationship again. so just a single dude now with no prospects really.

recently divorced by choice, so yes

Not by choice, but I canā€™t handle someone else right now, I donā€™t want kids anymore because I donā€™t want to take a chance on passing sz to a child. After you get used to it being alone is kinda nice.

2 Likes

i was thinking the same thing about spending the afternoon alone yesterday. i thought this is relaxing is there something wrong with me, that im ok alone. i live alone and entertain myself most of the time, although i do visit mom and dad a couple times a day.

1 Like

I was looking for marriage until I turned 40. Now Iā€™m 61 and single by choice.

Iā€™d rather have a girlfriend lol, but Iā€™m not the most confident person ever

1 Like

Same, I zone out when trying to focus on something to say in a conversation or I just have a blank mind most of the time. Probably due to my meds.

What happened? No fish on the hook? The hook not have an inciting bait for the fish?

All the psychiatrists I know or should know that having a partner benefits oneā€™s well-being. Iā€™m with you, dude. Having a girlfriend is way better than being single by choice.

I guess itā€™s always a choice, but being alone isnā€™t all that bad either

To speak for the human species, we usually procreate to populate this planet. Therefore we humans need a partner for reproducing ourselves. Otherwise how the hell did we get from 1 billion people to 7 billion people.

Yes but after 40 the DNA in the reproductive material degenerates some, which sometimes results in congenital problems, the farther over 40 you get.

Either way, kids arenā€™t for me as they cost in many thousands per year per kid.

I may not be against mentoring a girlfriends kid or something like that.

It all depends.

1 Like

good to know, good to know.

Well I was living with my mom and didnā€™t have a good paying job, though I worked in my aunt-in-lawā€™s convenience store she managed. I generally would work two to six months at a time before I couldnā€™t take it, and would leave two weeks to a month until my money ran out. Iā€™m an introvert and have been a loner since I was a child. I did date some, but nothing ever worked out. I was unmedicated for much of the time as I was uninsured and couldnā€™t afford a pdoc or medication.

Not by choice I would say, just donā€™t think anybody wants me.

Single life or married with kids are both hard in different ways. I donā€™t remember doing much choosing in my 20s and 30s. After 40 I got kind of used to being on my own.

1 Like

Not by choice but no one wants a schizophrenic guy who lives on disability

3 Likes

I like my single life. Iā€™ve been married. That was cool but not looking for anything. Rather enjoying just living and helping out the old man. Itā€™s a good life. Simple and pleasurable.

3 Likes

I find it easier to be single for now.

I gotta raise my game big time for a quality wife.