Anyone else not pay for their music lol?

I don’t know about you but I torrent my music all the time. Like I’ve never payed for music lol.

2 Likes

I pay for music unless the song is absolutely unavailable. The musicians deserve payment for their work. If you can listen to someone but refuse to buy their music because they’re jerks…why listen to their music

I like supporting the artists I like, so I always pay for music unless I can’t find it on ITunes, then I download it lol.

No LOLs for me. I depend on people paying me for my art to be able to pay bills. I can’t put food on the table when people rip me off. I find your attitude disappointing, to say the least. Also worth mentioning is that I buy every song I use for my DJ biz and the necessary licenses to perform them in public. That even extends to my podcasting hobby, which is covered by licenses.

10-96

1 Like

I donate to a classical music station in my area and listen to classical music radio stations on the internet.

And I do listen to some internet radio which is supported by advertisements and commercials.

i get a lot of songs off youtube, with a youtube to mp3 converter

I pay for all my music through Google Play. I’ll screen the music I might buy through Youtube, and if I like it enough, I’ll BUY it. I believe in supporting the artists, and I find P2P and torrenting to be rather unethical.

Used to pirate lots of stuff. Not any more though. YouTube is great. I really don’t need to. Guess I’ve got an old sd card with some stuff on it for use in MP3 players. Accidentally sent my last one through the washing machine.

Yeah I don’t really approve of torrenting these days. It’s your risk. When they do drop the hammer the consequences are pretty harsh. 10000 dollars and they take your hardware.

There is a 3 strike policy or something like that in place.

Entertainment media is pretty cheap.

I worked at 2 record stores in my day and massed a nice collection at a good price. After it got stolen I grew resentful and torrented heavily. I deleted it all after a good dose of paranoia and guilt. archive.org has a huge live database with a diverse range of genres. All free and completely legal. I’ve found countless incredible performances there. Same place, better list here.

1 Like

I have to pay… I still use this weird stuff called vinyl…

Seattle has a lot of vinyl shops… oddly enough. I do have an ipod that my sis will keep in working order for me… but at home… I like the record player.

2 Likes

National Record Store Day was yesterday.
Last one I got was Tom Waits - Bad as Me.

1 Like

Lots of free music - on Pandora, etc. Why torrent, or pay (unless you want something very specific)

3 Likes

Support, album art, cleaner sound for me.
Yeah, usually specific these days. I am broke.

1 Like

Yeah. I listen to pandora radio all the time. Ben folds radio lately.

I don’t even know how a torrent works. I use Spotify or download music on iTunes. I also want to support the artists. It’s their income. If you like it, pay for it.

1 Like

Unfortunately most of the money goes to the record labels. The artist still become millionaires though.

This will be you someday, d00d:

10-96

1 Like

Yeah torrents all the way for me

I use grooveshark, which is a bit of a grey area.

1 Like

I didn’t want to pay for music anymore so i kidnapped some musicians and trapped them in my garage.

You guys are missing out, it’s way better than torrent.

3 Likes