Anyone else hate the hugging etiquette

I am not big on hugging either.

1 Like

oh man, I love to touch and be touched…!! hug I mean.

2 Likes

I only like hugging family I love hugging my Mom

2 Likes

I only let family and very close friends hug me, and I always ask permission before initiating a hug.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Like this better. More intimate.

Tummy touch!

3 Likes

It entirely depends on the person I am hugging.
There is nothing worse than forced gestures that you are only performing because declining would be insulting. I feel somewhat violated when people ask me to hug and I dont want to but can’t decline.

But having a nice hug with someone when you are both fond of each other is a nice warm feeling that is hard to replicate. My uncles give good hugs, and I like hugging my mates too when I haven’t seen them in a while.

Group hugs are also good :smiley: get the squeeze on so the person in the centre suffers from all the physical compassion :smiley:

5 Likes

For me, hugging and kissing on the cheek. The day I came home from the rehabilitation unit my s/dau gave me a big hug. It’s the first one I can remember her giving me.Normally I’m not a big one for hugs, but it showed how much she loves me.

2 Likes

Hugs make me feel disgusting as I’m disgusted with myself so for someone to come near me that close feels revolting.

1 Like

I did that to my gf and said our pots are connecting. She said if there’s another way to be more turned off she will let me know :joy:

2 Likes

I went for years without hugs or contact. Now I hug everyone I can but there’s limits. If you look startled or out then no hugs…otherwise it’s game on…

Especially for family and even friends.

3 Likes

I’m not a hugger, unless it’s people I’m super-close with, or trees.

5 Likes

**Roxanna hugs. Everyone in the thread lol **

4 Likes

As nice as you are @roxanna no hugs from me.!

1 Like

I used to be a hugger. Now it is reserved for family and friends who are basically family

2 Likes

Well I would vouch for you…

I LOVE hugging the people I feel safe and comfortable around. I ABHOR being touched at ALL by someone I don’t have established comfort with. Usually, the main thing that makes me feel comfortable around someone is when I tell them I don’t want to be touched and they listen the first time without pushing. So the people who are fine with not being hugged are the only ones I enjoy hugging.

5 Likes

Oh, a nice story. You deserve that hug. I also melt when my little sister gives me a hug.

1 Like

There was this lady from my church who went out of her way to help me once. I knew she didn’t like to be touched but I was so grateful for her help I wanted to hug her. So I asked her permission to hug her and she said yes.

2 Likes

Same. I hated holding hands in kindergarten. Kids with sweaty hands and stuff. Yuck!

4 Likes

Yeah me too. Instant slinky cat when kids in elementary tried to hold my hand

2 Likes