1 Like

You don’t sound well. Just worried.

1 Like

Thanks for the concern.

If I need help, I’ll ask.

1 Like

What did you take? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Since I’ve been taking Magnesium 300 mg a day, I go to the bathroom a lot.

1 Like

When I was eating a lot of potatoes one time I had a bowel movement every 3 days and it nearly killed me and gave me horrible rhoids. I usually have “milder” cases of it every now and then and have suffered the rhoids’ badly as a result.

1 Like

A glycerine laxative

2 Likes

I used to get really really bad constipation on Haldol. Thankfully I don’t experience that anymore with Geodon

1 Like

Those are not pleasant, but they do work well. Glad your better. :leopard::leopard::leopard:

1 Like

Thanks @GrayBear

1 Like

I’m on three AP’s and an AD so you can imagine how bad my constipation is. I take two Dulcolax laxative tablets whenever I feel full, tight and uncomfortable.

1 Like

Yeah @firemonkey this was a huge issue for a lot of my students. Compounded by the fact that many medicines have constipation as a side effect.

3 Likes

Yes, suppositories’ are not the best thing to have a conversation about but for me they always work when Ex-Lax or Metamucil or bran flakes cereal doesn’t work. And they usually work relatively quickly, as little as 15 minutes occasionally. You literally should not go another day without taking care of your constipation, it could get dangerous. I don’t like suppositories for obvious reasons but I discovered a laxative that has never failed me. It’s called Magnesium Citrate (or Nitrate?). It’s a liquid and not too expensive but you drink a bottle and it always works. Not the best subject matter but necessary. Lets change the subject. Man, Heidi Klum looks so good, even at her age doesn’t she? She seems kind of sweet in a way too. You think she’s regular?

3 Likes

I had it bad at some point too.
I was recommended psyllium husk. Which sounds good. Its all natural.
Best wishes to you

Constipation sucks

1 Like

Yeah it could be my age as well.
I’m going to keep an eye on it from now and I’ll try to eat more fiber

5 Likes

@Wave maybe have some stool softeners (docusate sodium) on hand if this becomes a recurring issue.

If you need a gentle laxative, MiraLAX (polyethelene glycol 3350) is a good osmotic laxative. It’s a powder you mix with water.

Consult your doctor or pharmacist to make sure there are no drug interactions or other contraindications.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before. Whenever a clerk gives me service and after we’re done says…

“Have a good one”

I keep thinking that saying is like cheering on a bowel movement for me or something. :smile:

2 Likes