Schizophrenia.com

Anyone else forget how good they feel after a shower?

I usually am afraid of showering. It seems like climbing Everest to get a shower. But each and every time I do I feel great afterwards

I wish I could remind myself how good I feel after a shower

11 Likes

I love being in the shower, and I love being clean. But I HATE being cold and wet afterwards.

4 Likes

Mr. Star can help you with that part…:grin:

1 Like

I usually feel good after taking a shower. It’s a pain doing it though.

1 Like

oh I love how I feel but I don’t like the initial stripping and being careful not to fall in the shower…big fear of mine…

2 Likes

I hate it. Everything about it. I always end up crying.

1 Like

Lmao he helps by refusing to let me in bed if I stink.

1 Like

Have you thought about getting a bath mat? They’re like $5 and you won’t slip on one.

1 Like

Shower can be triggering for me, something about the whole ritual sets me off.

A game changer to help was investing a little into a Bluetooth waterproof speaker, I can listen to my music over the showers white noise. Helps me a lot.

2 Likes

Yes, I always forget. I really wish I took better care of myself. I even bought a huge bottle of Irish Spring bodywash to encourage myself to shower more.

1 Like

I hate showers. They don’t make me feel good. They trigger my dysautonomias and I get out feeling dizzy, sick, hot, out of breath, heart racing, blood pressure falling, AWFUL.

More often than not I’ll go to take a shower and chicken out after getting naked and just change my clothes and wash my hair in the sink.

1 Like

I like to take one in the evening and wear loose clothes and just lay back and watch tv or play a game. Gets my muscles all hot and loose and feels great.

1 Like

Just had a shower and I’m feeling good.

1 Like

Showers are nice

Hot climate. You need to shower once a day at least. When Young I’d do it twice but I’m not so worried these days. Still. A shower is so good and even with my negs I shower once a day at least…and it’s hot water. Bugger the cold. Put it on max heat and it’s great!. Then I’ll cool down after bathing!

2 Likes

I don’t like nor dislike take a shower…
It’s just a need to be clean.
When i’m a little depressed it’s a bit harder to have a shower.

Anybody here sadistic enough to enjoy cold showers?

That was one of the crappiest parts of being in jail for me was the cold showers. One week they stashed me in a basement cell and let me out for a shower in a rarely used shower that had… wait for it… hot water! It was like striking gold, best shower of my life.

1 Like

This always happens to me! I never knew why… even if the water is cool, my skin will be flushed and hot.

1 Like

I have neurocardiogenic syncope,a type of vasovagal syncope, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, and They’re both types of dysautonomias.

1 Like

You should tell your doctor to do orthostatics on you next time you go in.

1 Like