Schizophrenia.com

Anyone doing the garden thing this year?

people are pushing me to garden this year, I have land for it but don’t want to spend to much time on it, so I’m doing a small one. how about you?

6 Likes

yes I want to grow potatoes and kale and other things.

I live in a condo with balconies (no yard), but I’m trying to grow a little herb garden.

A couple of people in the program are talking about it. One of our case managers bought us a hoe and did a little work with it, but so far no one has put any effort forth in the project. They want to plant tomatoes. I don’t like tomatoes, so I’m not interested.

I inherited an overwhelming garden from the people who lived here before. This will be the first year I’ve had a chance to really devote attention to it. I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I stopped watering my little garden a couple of years ago to conserve water (due to the California drought). The garden plants and lawn all shriveled away, but the weeds and native plants have taken over and are flourishing with the recent rains. They actually look kind of nice as they are flowering right now.

There are lots of butterflies, ladybugs, and humming birds in the garden. My little dog loves those, but she becomes quite enraged when the squirrels tease her from the fence. I tell her she should be careful as the squirrels are almost as big as she is (she’s a very small dog).

2 Likes

I love working in the yard. I can’t really call it a garden. We live in the mountains in California so our natural terrain is pine forest and scrub. We have to conserve water too so our yard is kept a bit sparse. No grass, just dirt, and trees and bushes. Roses and lilacs do well. Anyway, I just spent about four hours out there today taming the wysteria, raking a bit and moving rocks… I always think I’m gonna get more done, but I get tired. :leaves::herb::deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree::tulip:

Every year I plan out a vegetable garden for the back yard, and a flower garden in the front.
Then as life takes over, it squashes all my plans, and still have to shop at the local store for my veggies.