Schizophrenia.com

Anyone do Hiit exercise?

Luckily, my CPN helped get my old broken washing machine and two clapped out sofas down the steps of my flat to be collected by the council tomorrow. Although I do 120 press ups a day I found my legs to be so weak that I will get back on the stationary bike tomorrow.

A life of sedentary and idleness hasn’t helped my leg muscles very much. They must be atrophying.

I got bored when i rode awhile ago even listening to music, so I’m hoping a shorter, more intense burst of energy will keep me occupied. Has anyone tried high intensity interval training before? Any tips? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

on leg days i do cycles of 1 minute jump rope, and then switch to stationary bike for 3 minutes then rest a minute, i do that 2 or 3 times and then lift my legs. so 3 days a week if you consider that hiit training. i thought about sprinting but the whole thing seemed incredibly stupid. i’ve read hiit training naturally raises hgh levels.

1 Like

Yes it sounds very similar.

I found a website that says you warm up on the bike for 5 minutes, then raise the resistance and pedal furiously for 1 minute, then you do the warm up pace for 2 minutes then 1 minute of furiousness, You keep this up for a total of 15 minutes for a beginner.

You don’t do consecutive days of this training.

In this way your body doesn’t reach a peak in muscle building or weight loss, unlike biking the same, longer distance at a slower level every day.

1 Like

Did my first HIIT on the stationary bike an hour ago.

Boy was it tough! It was my first proper exercise and covered 7km in the allotted time, but it is not about distance. I could only manage 2 and half minutes at full pelt in the 15 minutes. 5 minutes warm up, 2 and a half bursts of 1 minute and the warm downs.

The risperidone makes my legs almost collapse getting off it. I’m glad it is only 15 minutes. Any more and they would literally collapse.

I should get better in time.

I do it several times a week. But my high intensity bursts are only 1-2 minutes depending on which machine I’m using. On the recumbent bike I do it for 2 to 4 depending on my energy level that day. I think it helps a lot

1 Like

Yes that is my plan. Every other day is the goal. A day of rest in between said the sports webpage that I stumbled upon.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s a good way to do it

1 Like