Schizophrenia.com

Anyone collect antiques and paintings

Here some of my antiques i collect and paintings in my room. I really enjoy collecting them.

9 Likes

You should too, its a great hobby and its inexpensive. its fun.

1 Like

Very cool. I love antiques, not only because they are better quality and so interesting, but I am fascinated to think that I am holding onto a piece of someone’s personal history. I find this very reassuring for some reason

It gives me pause for thought, thanks for creating This Thread it’s made me look more closely at some of the things that I have. Here is a Turkish tea set that I bought for $20 about 20 years ago

4 Likes

Omg that looks so awesome, where did you get it. only 20 dollars thats a great price. wow. Very cool indeed.

1 Like

@oe1489 I’m pretty sure I got it in a little antique shop in Bailieborough, a small town on Highway 28.

A man and his wife had renovated an old church into an antique store. I bought several things from him, one of my favourite being an old chest of drawers from Newfoundland. It looks about a hundred years old, and has all kinds of character.

2 Likes

Yea that is very nice piece, your lucky. the older the better. Im very fascinated with relics. Something about them makes me feel good. A chest thats cool too wow.

2 Likes

@oe1489 Here are a couple of detail shots

3 Likes

what time period was this do you know im curious. and in really good condition too.

1 Like

@oe1489

I really don’t know. I’m not sure if it comes across in the photos, but it seems very well-worn. I get a sense of it being someone’s personal property … well-used and well-loved

I am a huge fan of rustic, so when it shows wear and tear this pleases me all the more

2 Likes

o cool, yea i dig that piece its pretty cool.

1 Like

LS! I do not collect antiques actively, but I have got some. And there are two paintings on my wall:

4 Likes

wow those are great paintings thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I collect antique film cameras. Have too many now. Downsizing the collection. Need less stuff.

2 Likes

Here is one that I have had for decades. I’m not even sure where I got it, I don’t recall. It is an advertisement for an Art Exhibit in France

The original was painted by Paul Berthon of the Art Nouveau movement.

artist Paul berthon - Google Search

3 Likes

very nice even its not the original.

1 Like

Yes, i collected once ago antique pharmacy bottles, i posted this photo some days ago. The small bottle with Laudanum (opium) still got medicine left, and is very expensive.

4 Likes

wow yea thats a great collection very nice. :smiley:

2 Likes

@bluebutterfly what a beautiful image!! I am recording an album right now called Tinctures and Tonics. I would love to use this image as an album cover, if you would be okay with that?

I have searched the web for an image to use, but they are all pretty boring. This has an excellent composition and interest to the eye

2 Likes

Wow I love the second picture. Its beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. You are of course very welcome to use the photo. If the quality is to bad you can pm me an emailadress and i will try to send you another copy.

Tinctures and tonics sounds interesting?

Congrats with the album and post a photo of it when it’s done. It could be fun to see my photo on the cover.

3 Likes