Anyone Bored And Wanna Shoot the Breeze?

Oh!

I also saw BB King when he came to town about 15 years ago.

1 Like

@Patrick LOL. Didnā€™t a lot of those bands wear make-up too? Not judging anyone out there if thatā€™s your thing, just making an observation :v:

Here in the states this stuff called ā€œpost-metalā€ is taking off. Stuff like this band ā€“ Junius. Itā€™s like metal, but not so dark, more intelligent lyrics and melodies. I dig some of it.

Thatā€™s awesome you saw BB King!!

1 Like

We thought the 80ā€™s hair bands were hilarious back in the day, just like the millennials do now. But quite a bit of good music came out of that genre.

1 Like

Yeah I still like a few songs from some of those bands, ā€œHome sweet homeā€ by Motley Crue comes to mind.

1 Like

I always tease the Millennials. I made up this jokeā€¦

Millennials are so lazy, they couldnā€™t figure out why Usain Bolt didnā€™t just take Uber to go the 100 meters. :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile: I think I am technically a Millennial. I was born in 80.

1 Like

Iā€™m Gen Xā€¦my kids are Gen Zā€¦

1 Like

I was born in 81! Close in years ā€¦ I think weā€™re cuspers on Gen X and Gen Y. My sisters are seven and nine years older than me so I identify more with Gen X.

1 Like

How cool! Yeah weā€™re only a year apart :slight_smile: Yeah I identify with the Gen X label too. I remember the cold war as a kid. I also remember in our school making ribbons for the soldiers in the Gulf war. I also have a lot of fond memories of being a kid in the 80ā€™s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was 14 years old in 1980ā€¦

There was a real sweetness to the 80ā€™s. Very little political correctnessā€¦not much snarkā€¦an explosion of wonderfully diverse musicā€¦etc.

(sigh) But I digress.

1 Like

"And what a time it wasā€¦ A time of innocence."

:stuck_out_tongue:

I am def Gen X.

When I was 13, in 1982 I went to the Summer Jam at the Seattle King Dome (which was destroyed in 2000) and saw Ozzy Osbourne, Joan Jett, Blue Oyster Cult, Loverboy and?? I canā€™t remember.

I was just a munchkinā€™. Would have been more fun if I were a few years older. I still listen to all the old stuff although I, admittedly, love Top 40 and primarily listen to that on Pandora.

2 Likes

Who is your favourite comedian?..

I enjoy Steve Martin and Canadian Norm Macdonald.

1 Like

Norm MacDonald cracks me up!

My favorite, though, is Bill Burr.

1 Like

I have to 2nd Steve Martin.

Absolute favorite for me though has to be Bill Hicks. He just had great intelligent insight into things, and even if you didnā€™t always agree with him he was still bold and upfront about his views. And that I can respect.

1 Like

Just had a thoughtā€¦

We could use this thread in lieu of a Chat Feature. Anybody who just wants to talk about anything can just walk onto this thread and start up a conversation.

:smile:

Feeling better this morningā€¦just had to ride out last nightā€™s Zen-like wave.

Anyone wanna chat?

Good morning, @Patrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYiVVj7GG_E

1 Like

Hey K!..

How are you? Playing any on-line Chess these days?

its almost 4am and ive been in bed hearing voices for hours WTF! schizophrenia really sucks