Anybody satisfied with antipsychotics?

I wouldn’t say I’m “satisfied” with AP’s, but I definitely need them to stay mostly sane. Without AP’s, I am a super crazy person who can’t maintain friendships or really any important relationship. On meds, I’m able to have a healthy marriage, I’m able to maintain friendships with my long-term friend and my little brother (plus his GF), and other similar situations.

2 Likes

im not satisfied with my aps

i feel like i have tried all of them at one point or another

now on higher than max dose of clozaril the side effects are getting bad again

but off closaril with in months im in hospital

i know im treatment resistant sz and that bothers me on so many meds and i still get symptoms

idk maybe we will find a good treatment some day

I hope so too, thank you for writing.

1 Like

yup your welcome

1 Like

I’m on amisulpride and haloperidol, they are perfectly fine with me and help with my psychosis and I doubt I can come off them. I’ve tried too many times but within days I needed them or else go to hospital.

They don’t make me fatigued, only mirtazapine does. It’s an antidepressant (I’m on two plus a mood stabilizer as well)

1 Like

Im on invega trinza. When i first started it i was extremely tired. I get physically tired pretty quickly now but im not tired all the time like i was.

1 Like

i love my meds and i complain very little

1 Like

I’m not satisfied with them, they are making me physically unwell.

1 Like

No I can’t find one that works

1 Like

You can try probiotics and dietary fiber for weight loss, hold on till newer medicines like ulotaront and karxt are done with trials. They supposedly have very little side effects

1 Like

I love my med…generic prolixin…fluphenazine…lost all my weight…no sexual side effects or effects whatsoever…I love it.

1 Like

I hate APs unfortunately I need it to function day to day I’m also very dependent on klonopin I basically can’t leave the house without it

1 Like

I’m pretty happy on geodon. However the latest increase has made me sleepy by midday. Doesn’t get rid of everything. Actually gonna ask for an AP prn for HI that pops up when stressed.

1 Like

Can I ask what dosage of halo you get?

4mg haloperidol
400mg amisulpride

I’m on latuda.

I’m satisfied with it.

I have some weight gain and insomnia and anxiety just after I take it in afternoon but otherwise I’m stable and good.

I don’t think I had insomnia with olanzapine but my weight gain was more severe.

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with my meds as it is…5mg Abilify… If I could do like 7mg I think it would be perfect but I’m not complaining :slight_smile: works well fortunately.

1 Like

Nobody likes takings Ap’s. They dull your mind, make everything an effort, make you fat and tired. But they are the only reason I can have a life without being locked up.

Take my advice, don’t stop taking meds. If the ones you are taking aren’t working for you then change to another med.

The struggle back from being psychotic is long. It’s not worth quitting imo.

1 Like

Same for me. 15

1 Like

It is possible for some of us. Especially milder cases with little positive symptoms.