Anybody like reading biographys?

I like novels: King and koontz
Biographys: I recommend heavier then heaven: kurt cobain biography and scar tissue: anthony keidis
those are wicked books sid vicious and marilyn manson too.
True crime i like aswell mafia stuff

2 Likes

I like to read biographies either by people who grew up in very different cultures or circumstances than me to broaden my perspective and world knowledge or biographies on people with mental illness to see how other people experience it and have coped.

“Anybody like reading biographys?” I read them each weekday

2 Likes

Avid reader? 1515

1 Like

I enjoy watching biographical tv shows. Does that count?

1 Like

yes, i am. helps me with other hobbies

I think my favorite (auto)biographies are “the autobiography of Malcolm x” and “no one here gets out alive”- the biography of Jim Morrison

2 Likes

I like books about off beat characters whose behavior finally gets so outrageous that something has to be done about them. As for biographies, I don’t know. I’ve read so few of them.

Great choices @anon68237654 I’ve read the Malcolm X one, but I still need to pick up the Jim Morrison one.

@Jimmyjam Cash – is an autobiography by Johnny Cash. It’s excellent. One of my personal favorites.

1 Like

Last biography I tried to read was _Torment Saint: The Life of Elliott Smith As the title emphasizes, he truly was a tortured artist.

1 Like

I’ve read and re-read many books over my life, but I think I’ve read Malcolm X’s book more times than any other. I wanted to name my son Malcolm, but my wife vetoed that lol

1 Like

lol That’s awesome.

I think Time Magazine had that listed as one of the top 100 most influential books ever written.

1 Like

I’ve read Black Elk Speaks. Which is the biography of Black Elk

1 Like

true crime. i read Helter Skelter. Should I not mention that here? Okay, screw it. I want a page in my file out of this post. I love it when little kids come over and sit in my lap and talk about unicorns and flowers and snowmen and stuff. It takes my mind off the pain. So does startin’ crap on fire. I think we can all relate to that statement. I mean, whether it’s a grill or just a cigarette or even something else, startin’ crap on fire is fun.

I want to be a brown and white cow when I grow up.