Anybody knows what a 22 yo should do

I am taking it step by step, tomorrow I hopefully get a med change, as ive become more unmotivated and I’ve noticed more negatives

And hopefully I will be stable enough to choose what to do with my future

2 Likes

Yeah listen to your doctor.
Good luck @marlboro.

1 Like

Focus on something you really like doing

1 Like

Clozapine has helped me a lot but a lot of pdocs are afraid to prescribe it as the sides
Can be bad. My sweet spot was 600mg clozapine broke up to 200mg dosed 3 times a day.

22 is pretty young. If people do care they’ll still be around 10 years from now. Best of luck.

2 Likes

If I was 22 again, I’d go to school to become a psychiatrist, and eventually become a PhD looking for cures.

I don’t know about you, but if I could go back in time and talk to my 22 year old self right after withdrawing from university it would have been to stop obsessing about suicide and instead take more classes at a time and or volunteer and or get a job. I did the right thing by taking my Meds always and as prescribed and seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist but I should have not left a three year gap on my work history. Technically I was taking one class at a time but I thought my life was over so I wasn’t trying harder to pull it together

1 Like

When I was 22 I spent a lot of time working out. Then, when I was 28, I was working for 22 year old people.

1 Like

To quote baz luhrmann. “Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your
Life. The most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t”

1 Like

The motivation problem is a tough one. Because I was simply going to say to “try things”. Try to work maybe. Try taking one or two classes at a college maybe. Like someone already said, 22 is young and many, many people your age don’t know what they are going to do with their lives. But at your age you have time to figure out what you can do and make a plan.

I tend to believe that everybody has potential. Sometimes you can’t see it in yourself but other people can see it in you. A good therapist can help you with this, he/she can help you see your strengths and weaknesses and offer suggestions on what you are capable of.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.