Anybody gone skeet shooting before?

I only went once thus far. I could only hit 5 out of like 20. It was the first time shooting a 12 GA that I remember. And my shoulder bruise from the kick was decent.

I used to love skeet shooting! I was ok at it, but always very sore from the 12 gauge. And my dad would make us pick up all the shotgun shells because he reused them lol. We also had to repack the shells after we were finished. It’s fun though, and I miss it.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Me and a couple of my brothers do that at thanksgiving. It’s a lot of fun. As long as it’s one skeet at a time I usually hit them.

1 Like

Just did a search on Wikipedia says there’s Skeet Shooting, Trap Shooting, and Sporting Clays. They all look like great fun to me. When we were younger we would shoot clays. I would shoot 1 at a time but the older guys would shoot 2. It’s a real challenge until you get the timing down.

I used to go clay shooting a lot when I was in my teens, was a pretty good shot with a 12 ga. I used to own a mossberg 500. Lots of shooters and hunters in the family, though I never took to hunting.

I am such a city boy. All this that I missed out on. Does anyone fish?

I like to fish once in awhile, but don’t have a fishing pole anymore just a small box of lures and stuff. With all the 10,000 lakes I live around now though, i’ve been wanting to get a new pole. Its a very relaxing activity, i mean until you have a big fish then it’s pretty exciting. I do miss river fishing for trout in oregon though.

1 Like

Yeah brother I do kayak fishing. Its way better than bank fishing. I caught nearly 50 bass last year. With the biggest at 5lb. I use a YUM junebug worm, I have the best luck with that lure. I tried crankbaits they are real neat and cool as well. I have a collection of them. The fish are finicky as ever right now though in my neck of the woods. When the bass won’t bite, I use a 1/8 rooster tail to catch some decent pan size brim. We have brim bbq’s where me and the neighbors just sit out in front yards and eat. Bluegills can be very feisty fighters that is why I love them. I caught only a dozen or so catfish, since I don’t like dealing with stinky liver chunks that much for bait. There were big gators sunning on the banks. One time a 9 ft gator swam like 20 ft behind my kayak, I didn’t even realize it. Until I looked back and saw it swimming away. They won’t mess with you unless provoked.

1 Like

When I was in the Navy. We would have skeet shooting from the fantail of the ship when we were out at sea.

Peace be with you Ridgerunner

I had to post this, im sorry, i mean that, im sorry.

skeet!

Just listen to this next time you go skeet shooting.

1 Like

Haha skeet skeet motha @$!! I used to listen to Lil Jon back in the day. I like how he made the word ‘crunk’.