Anybody else

Not able to follow simple instruction? I’m at my cousins and every time I come over she has me do stuff for her… but I can’t even follow her instructions… I’ve been wanting to apply for a job but this makes me feel like I couldn’t even do it… maybe my cousin isn’t giving me GOOD enough instruction? Idk…

2 Likes

It’s a common problem that I’ve seen. It seems to be a cognitive impairment. I remember on New Year’s Eve driving to a friend’s place I hadn’t been to before. My wife was reading off the GPS to me. Twice I didn’t turn when I was supposed to. Made one U-turn and had to reroute the other time.

3 Likes

yea i have a hard time following instructions also… they need to tell me a couple times before it sets in. Luckily they not often give me instructions to do something but when it happens it’s hard for me too.

3 Likes

@anon40540444 @lekkerhondje
Bleh… it makes me feel so dumb/slow

2 Likes

yea same… but i accepted that it is like that… can’t fight it anyways huh =/
But it makes me feel dumb and slow too, so i relate to you…

1 Like

Yeah… glad someone understands my feelings. Do you work or anything??

2 Likes

no i haven’t worked in long time. i’m on disability. Do you work or study?

1 Like

Ah I gotcha… I tried getting on disability years ago but they denied me😖
Nah, I don’t work or study… I’ve been debating on applying to a job but, my mom would have to drive me everyday… and I have doubts that I could do it

2 Likes

ah i was lucky that i got put on disabilty… the annoying thing was i had to go for checkup ever 2 years and then they asked you so many questions but last time i went that person said he would put me on a list that the check ups didn’t have to happen anymore.

Where do you get your income from now?

2 Likes

Oh that’s cool! That’s a relief you don’t have to do the checkups anymore.

My income comes from my husband and my parents… I should get a lawyer to try and get me disability…

3 Likes

ah that’s nice that your husband and parents help you =)
i pay my mum every month from my disability income for the work she does and to buy fuds.

yea i think getting a lawyer for helping to get disability would be good but it costs money too huh =( … where do you live?

2 Likes

Yes it is very nice of them.

That’s very thoughtful of you to give your mom some of your money, I’d prolly do the same… or pay for groceries…
My dad knows a disability lawyer I’m pretty sure, so maybe we could get it cheaper… who knows🤷‍♀️

I live on the west coast, USA, don’t really wanna share what state lol
What about you?

2 Likes

yea it’s ok, you don’t have to say what state =)
I live in the north of Belgium.

Yea, i pay the money to my mum to buy groceries and for expenses like my meds and such and for the rental of the house.

Oh it’s good that your dad knows a disability lawyer… i hope when you get to it that you can get on disability too. It really helped my life get a bit better to know i don’t have to stress anymore over work related stuff cause stress triggers my symptoms a lot.

2 Likes

When I was working with my father in our fishing boat, I couldn’t follow simple instructions. It was frustrating

3 Likes

Thanks for understanding…

Oh wow, Belgium? That’s cool… what’s it like there? I’ve never been to Europe… have you been to USA?

Yeah… I just hope it’s not too late to get on disability… yes it would def be a relief if I could get on it

1 Like

I’ve been to Canada with a stop in Mineapolis. I didn’t go to the USA for visiting myself.

Belgium is a small country, i live in the countryside but there is a lot of people on small country i think. The only good thing is that the social security is good. When I couldn’t work anymore i got a lot of help, also the meds are cheaper i think cause the healthcare pays for most of it.

1 Like

what did you do on the fishing boat? Sounds like a cool job

2 Likes

I was moving the boat, I was getting fish out of nets etc. Sorry, I don’t know the terminology of fishing in English . Lol. I was feeling stupid sometimes

2 Likes

do you still go on the boat now? It sounds like a good job =D

1 Like

No, I don’t like it. At all. Haha

2 Likes