Anybody else panic and relapse and end up in hospital the minute you get near to responsibility?

I realised this is essentially a stress thing
if i have spent my life relapsing because i trained and then couldn’t do outdoor activities with young people
and because I tried but couldn’t hold a part time volunteer job because it was Christmas and people need to rely on someone over the Christmas period and everyone finds it stressful
and because i sponsored someone who was schizophrenic like me but was twice my age and well outside my experience of life

I can’t do uni
i can’t have children
I can’t work

is this a good enough reason to not eventually sponsor someone in AA?

i think so
my sponsor said keep it in the day -
Things i never thought possible have happened since taking meds
They saved my life and i’m married and off cigarettes and alcohol and have given me a life

still don’t think i will sponsor

It’s important you listen to your body and your mind, and don’t over-stress yourself.

Whenever I attempt an education, I get stressed and end up in the hospital. I don’t think it has to do with the education, more that I want to do as well as possible, and I get frustrated when I can’t pay attention or solve a problem.
(Plus the whole being social thing)

2 Likes

Yeah
thanks Nova :slight_smile:

i think you’re right - the drive for doing better than our disease is because we are mostly human with a “less than”
and an “illness”
and we want to overcome it

and in the end we shut up and do something bit less high calibre and less stressful

Any kind of severe stress triggers me even if I’m generally stable at the time. I too experienced this in college. On days I have to work sometimes it will happen to me before or after my shift. Going to places like grocery stores too. It’s like a snowball effect, once one thing stresses me out then it keeps growing and growing until I panic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.