Schizophrenia.com

Anybody else on Clozaril?

I kills all the psychotic symptoms and improve som cognitive symptoms while worsening others.

What does it worsen?

Did you experience these? Did clozapine help with them?

People may experience:

Behavioral: disorganized behavior, aggression, agitation, hostility, hyperactivity, hypervigilance, nonsense word repetition, repetitive movements, restlessness, self-harm, social isolation, lack of restraint, or persistent repetition of words or actions

Cognitive: thought disorder, confusion, belief that an ordinary event has special and personal meaning, belief that thoughts aren’t one’s own, disorientation, racing thoughts, slowness in activity, thoughts of suicide, unwanted thoughts, difficulty thinking and understanding, or false belief of superiority

Mood: anger, anxiety, apathy, excitement, feeling detached from self, general discontent, limited range of emotions, loneliness, or nervousness

Psychological: fear, hearing voices, depression, manic episode, paranoia, persecutory delusion, religious delusion, or visual hallucinations

Speech: deficiency of speech, excessive wordiness, incoherent speech, or rapid and frenzied speaking

Also common: memory loss, nightmares, or tactile hallucination

Clozapine gave me ocd at low doses and I couldnt tolerate any SSRI at medium clozapine doses. I developed contamination related ocd doubts after 6 years of taking clozapine. SSRI gave me anxiety attacks. But once i reduced the clozapine dose, i could tolerate SSRIs.

RIght now we are reducing clozapine dose and increasing amisulpride.

I was on Clozaril for 3 years, then stopped it for a few months, and now I’ve been on it again for around 2 months. I haven’t had any significant weight gain but I have drooled a lot and I get fairly constipated. I don’t really mind the blood work although it is annoying having to remember to schedule an appointment for it due to COVID.

yea i drool a lot too. and gotta pee a lot, sometimes even pee in my pants.

Ok but what about the symptoms above??

What about the symptoms above??

What about the symptoms above?? Any of those you have she it helped¿?

I’m in the same boat It works but I’ve gained like 100 lbs

Is Clozaril weight neutral for anyone?

for me my weight didn’t change since starting clozapine… but my weight gained when i was put on risperdal and then clozapine was added and it stayed the same.