Anybody else in your family have schizophrenia?

Sorry to hear about your family friend, that is tragic. Pretty interesting story though @77nick77

2 Likes

Strange to Note, @Human, I Live Within Something as Close to An Asylum as One Can Get in 2020.

Could Be Worse Though. And I Am Learning Much About Humanity.

As Strange as it Truly it.

1 Like

I had great aunts on mums side with sz. Depression on dadā€™s side. I got both.

3 Likes

My mother. I donā€™t think anyone else in her family did.

1 Like

I am the only person that I know about. My family doesnā€™t talk about things like that.

1 Like

my uncle went nuts a few times when his mom, my grandma, died. the epsideodes were less than six months, so he might have had brief psychotic disorder, or schizophreniform. or, sometimes just stress can cause psychosis, so thatā€™s possible too.

2 Likes

My mother was " manic depressive", you know, before it was changed to bipolar.

But looking back, she had a lot of sza bipolar type symptoms. In the 90s she had an episode where she supposedly lost her memory and thought it was 1972.

I firmly believe it was a severe psychotic break. The doctors blamed it on her diabetes doing so.ething to her brain, but they didnā€™t know about her bipolar or other mental health diagnoses at the time. With all Iā€™ve learned and experienced, plus remembering all the things she told me or told others, yeah. She had to have been sza.

1 Like

My grandma was sz. She passed away. My aunt was sz and she committed suicide after her husband died. That was an awful time. :cry:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear thatā˜¹ļø @melmel7

1 Like

My mother was illegitimate. Her fatherā€™s family were successful people and Iā€™m sure, none had it. Her motherā€™s family didnā€™t have any, that I know of, and her half sisters and twin brother were better off than her, later in life. I think her schizophrenia was caused by having a stressful life.

2 Likes

Ppl tell me that but I wonder what a stressful life is. My parents pay everything for me etc No one of my close family died etc I never had trauma. One psychiatrist said my sz is stress induced but I and my other psychiatrists believe its genetic.

2 Likes

Iā€™m the only one with schizophrenia, as far as Iā€™m aware. I have multiple family members that have depression and stuff, but nothing like sz. I do have a great uncle who killed himself in the 1950s, so Iā€™m sure he had some sort of illness.

3 Likes

Well, my mother endured abuse of being illegitimate. Her motherā€™s favorite was her twin brother. He tried to assault her and she hated him. Then chose men who didnā€™t care enough. You may have health problems, that make things more stressful for you.

3 Likes

my cousin has SZ/bipolar
maybe SZA? dont exactly know
i dont have sz just episodes of psychosis when im not on meds

1 Like

Not a soul. 1515

1 Like

I think it runs in my fatherā€™s family side,yeapā€¦ Maybe a distant uncle and maybe even my fatherā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.