Anybody eat quinoa?

I remember I read the book ‘scrawny to brawny’ about 10 years ago and the author recommended quinoa as a gluten free carb, easy to digest. so I went to the city looking for some. when I got to the big grocer I asked the lady for quinoa and she had a blank look on her face. I looked around the world market section and found some haha. what a difference 10 years makes, quinoa is everywhere now. I can even get some at Walmart, here locally.

I like it, I don’t eat a lot of it anymore because even the pseudo grains will increase my throat mucous. but will probably start adding some to get some good carbs in me.

anybody eat quinoa?

3 Likes

I do,

But I’d say its only okay.

The texture is a little weird.

Still, its a decent substitute for rice.

1 Like

I do and so does my family. We like it

1 Like

It’s okay, but just so you know it’s not a good idea to make it in a rice cooker. Mine took hours to clean!

3 Likes

I’ve had quinoa before.
I haven’t eaten any in a while.
I kind of liked the taste.
Maybe I’ll buy some more soon.

2 Likes

yeah I like it more than rice. usually I put some cayenne pepper and a little pasta sauce in mine.

1 Like

My grandmother mixed it into a cheddar broccoli soup and it was pretty good.

1 Like

I had some on vacation at a yoga retreat a couple of years back. I liked it.

1 Like

I’ve gotten the frozen precooked quinoa from Trader Joes. Just pop it in the microwave. I also get the frozen precooked brown rice.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried it. I have some though so one of these days I’ll fry some up or broil it or barbeque it.

1 Like

how do you guys pronounce quinoa?

i hear some people say queeno or keenwaaa :yum:

1 Like

I tried it and liked it but it’s very pricey here so don’t buy it a lot.

1 Like

I pronounce it keen-wa.

3 Likes

ive tried it its not nice plain compared to rice. but with particular extra stuff its really nice

1 Like

Does it taste like chicken?

1 Like

My husband, son (4) and I like it, but my daughter does not.

1 Like

I just found some quinoa oatmeal bars are the dollar store. 5 bars for 1.25

1 Like

I just ate some Trader Joe’s oatmeal and it has quinoa in it. It also has flax, chia, and amaranth. It’s really good with fresh banana or berries added.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.