Any suggestions on meds to try to stop the hallucinations

I’m on my way to see my psychiatrist and wanna try new med. I’m going stress crazy

Sadly there is no definitive way to know which med will work for you if there is one. It’s still done more or less by trial and error. Give each med plenty of time to determine if it helps and don’t go after the latest one because the best way to tell if one will likely work is if it has a good track record over time for a large part of the population of those who suffer from hallucinations. If you don’t get any relief within a few weeks to a month you are not likely to. A med that works for one person will not work for another. Hopefully some day they can create technology that can determine what will work the best for us but that day is years off. Also in case you don’t find one that completely gets rid of the voices you are likely to find one that helps to a certain degree and you may even find some day that you can cope with the voices at hopefully a lesser volume created by the meds if you can’t get rid of them.

2 Likes

Have you tried haldol?

1 Like

No ill ask about it. Ty

Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it

You’re welcome.

I was just put on Haldol so far so good just keep some Bayer handy and watch for pacing…if your doc decides its a good idea…

1 Like

Request that DNA test that’s designed to determine which med is best for you

2 Likes