Any success stories with L-Tryptophan

http://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hn-1259003#hn-1259003-supplements

L-tryptophan supplementation has occasionally been helpful for specific schizophrenia symptoms, such as aggression and memory function.
Metabolism of the amino acid L-tryptophan may be abnormal in schizophrenia, and initially low blood levels of L-tryptophan rise when symptoms of schizophrenia improve but remain low in cases of poor recovery. L-tryptophan supplementation has occasionally been helpful for specific symptoms associated with schizophrenia. A small double-blind trial found that 4 to 8 grams per day of L-tryptophan reduced aggressive symptoms. Another double-blind trial found 1 gram per day of L-tryptophan improved memory function in schizophrenics. Schizoaffective disorder has features of both schizophrenia and mood disorders. A preliminary study reported that 8 grams per day of L-tryptophan improved mood symptoms in a group of patients with schizoaffective disorder, and a small, double-blind trial found that adding 9 grams per day of L-tryptophan to drug therapy was more effective for stabilizing mood in schizoaffective disorder than drug therapy plus a placebo. In contrast, other symptoms of schizophrenia have not responded to L-tryptophan in amounts from 1 to 20 grams per day, according to double-blind studies. In fact, a small preliminary study reported that schizophrenic patients on a low-tryptophan diet had improved scores on certain tests of brain function and also had small improvements in psychotic symptoms.

I have been taking L-Tryptophan for a few weeks and it works great, I get euphoria from it as well as relief from my negative symptoms. I am also taking L-Tyrosine, Vitamin B complex (called B-Supreme on the internet), vitamin B-12, vitamin K (called MK-7 on the internet), Methylfolate (L-5-MTFL on the internet), and Vitamin D and it strengthens the euphoria with no side effects, I would highly recommend trying this!

1 Like